thirteen

|f i n n|

okay, close your eyes.❞ sage told me as she held my sweatshirt in her hands. I nodded my head and shut my eyes. soon after, I start to hear shifting coming from sages side of the car. I knew she was changing and that itd be really fucked up if I looked but...

before I knew it, curiousity got the best of me and without warning, my eyes slowly slickered open, only to see sage in the final stage of putting on the sweatshirt, still having a small glimpse of her black laced bra. seeing her small physique and smooth skin again just brought back so many memories that I thought I got rid of when I started dating Millie but..

she's just so beautiful.

|s a g e|

I knew finn was watching me change for at least half the time. but, I didnt want to make him feel like a creep or a weirdo for looking at me. also, this will probably be the last time we'll be alone together.

once I finished changing, I cleared my throat and announced without looking at finn, ❝okay, im finished. you can open your eyes now.❞ finn opened his eyes, as if they werent already opened, and let out a deep breath. a couple minutes later, we arrived at what looked like a park. but, it only had 2 swings that sat over at a mountain view.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at him. ❝w-what is this?❞ I asked. ❝well, i just wanted us to go somewhere together before you left...to just clear the air.❞ he said in a small voice. ❝finn, we already tal-❞ ❝i know, I know. but, the last time ended up in me trying to rekindle our moments as a couple. this time...I just want to have a simple conversation with my friend.❞ he informed me, causing me to let out a small sigh. ❝okay, friend.❞ I responded, half joking, half serious. either way, it got finn to smile.

we exited the truck and began walking to the swings, side by side. once we got to actual swings, finn he out mine for me as if it was a chair at a dinner table. I smiled and sat down on the swing, him mimicking my actions. ❝so...❞ I said, not knowing what to say. ❝so...now that we're friends and all, I need some stuff off my chest.❞ finn announced, causing my breath to hitch as I prepared myself for his next words.

❝no matter how much I try to convince myself that I dont have feelings for you, I do. and though I want to strangle jaeden everytime he touches you, reality is, you aren't mine anymore...and eventually, I'll have to let you go. so, for those reasons, I have no other choice but to be happy for you too. and hopefully, in due time I will come to my senses and realize that all that will ever have together...are memories.❞ finn said, leaving me in a pit of contemplation and guilt.

I was contemplating whether or not I should say something or stay quiet and I was feeling guilty for ever making finn feel like just because we're not a couple, that everything we had can never be brought up or remembered. so, I tried to make the best out the moment.

❝remember that time we-uh went to the beach in Hawaii and you wore that ridiculous coconut bra?❞ I asked, adding small giggles to let him know that I'm not affected by his words. he looked over at me and kinda smiled furrowed his eyebrows at me. ❝...um, my bra was flawless, hater.❞ he said, jokingly elbowing me. we both then shared a short laugh then looked out into the view. ❝you know, finn-❞

ring! ring! ring!

my phone began flashing and ringing, completely cutting me off. I looked at the caller ID then back to finn. ❝i-im so sorry, its jae-❞ finn lifted his hand and gave me a pitiful smile. ❝its cool, go ahead.❞ he told me. I then smiled back at him before running off the swing and behind the neaby blossom tree not too far from the swings. then, I slid my finger to the accept side.

❝hey, baby.❞ I said into the phone, trying to keep my voice down. ❝why haven't you been answering my texts? do you know what time it is?❞ he bombarded me with questions ad his voice progressively raised. i let out a short laugh and leaned on the tree.
❝okay, sorry dad.❞ I responded back, jokingly. ❝sage, im serious. i was worried sick.❞ he admitted, making me frown. ❝oh, I'm sorry, babe. after lunch finn wanted took us to a beautiful park area on mountain to talk-❞

❝talk about what?❞ jaeden asked, his voice coming off anxious and eager to know. ❝i dunno, whatever was on his mind, I guess. but, nothing inappropriate or anything, i swear. we're literally sitting on two swings and talking.❞ I assured him. he let out a small breath from the other line and i could tell he was wearing a small smile. ❝well, I'm glad your enjoying yourself. but, I dont feel comfortable with you being out with finn so late, okay? at least not when your ignoring me.❞ he said, sounding a bit jealous.

I smirked and kicked a rock around on the ground. ❝you wouldn't be...jealous, would you?❞ I asked, raising an eyebrow. he let out a short laugh. ❝what is there to be jealous about? im the one who has you at the end of the day.❞ he said, causing me both to chuckle. ❝whatever, boy. I'm going to go wrap things up with finn and head home.❞ I told jaeden.

❝alirght. but, no extensive hugging and you better blow up my phone as soon as you get back so I know you're still alive.❞ jaeden said, being the overprotective beetle he is. ❝alright, cheese ball. bye.❞ I said. ❝goodbye, kiss?❞ he asked in a smol, innocent voice. I smiled and shook my head. ❝muah.❞ I said, peck kissing the phone's speaker so jaeden could hear. ❝i blew one.❞ I told him. ❝and I caught it.❞