moving halfway across the world only to find that I'm different ch 5

hey guys sorry i havent uploaded in a looooooong time been busy but heres the new part. enjoy=D

remember to comment and vote thanks=D

Chapter 5

He was coming towards me with a confused look on his face. I quickly put my head down pretending to be engrossed with the nails on my hand. A minute later I could feel his presence over me. It was tense and exciting all at the same time. I slowly lifted my eyes to meet his and what I saw hurt. He looked puzzled, surprised and shocked but not in a good way.

"Hey. Uhhh What are you doing here?" he asked, looking at me intensely.

"I..I work here now. Um didn't your mom tell you?" I replied. I cursed myself for stuttering.

"No she didn't. I mean why would she?" he asked giving me one of those What-the-hell-are-you-talking-about faces.

"Well she got me the job here. I thought she would've mentioned it to you." I said giving him the same exact look he just gave me. He was staring at me amusingly while I was glaring at him with an irritated look on my face. I wanted to slap that smirk right off his face. I mean first he tries to flirt with me using my bra as his pickup line, then he has a bromance going on with my brother because lord knows Adel hasn't stopped talking about him since the dinner, and lets not forget he comes so close to kissing me even though he has a girlfriend! And now he has the gall to sit there and smirk at me after practically attacking me on my getting a job here! I was about to give him a piece of my mind when Ally unfortunately decides to butt in.

"um hey guys, don't you go biting each others heads off. Heh heh." She says nervously as she quickly glances back between the both of us. "How do you two know each other anyways?"

"Our mother's are high school friends." I replied not taking my eyes off of him. It had suddenly turned into a contest, with neither one of us wanting to admit defeat by turning away.

"We actually met last week, at dinner." He said with a grin as he raised an eyebrow. God he looked so sexy doing that... NO stop that I can't think of him like that. He has a girlfriend for god sakes! Then why did he kiss you? Said a voice coming from the back of my head. He didn't mean it, I mean I know he's not interested in me, he couldn't be. Don't be to sure of that.

"oh Shut up!" I burst out. I saw both Ally and Rafe looking at me with a funny looks on their faces. "sorry just talking to myself."

"you do that a lot don't you." Rafe said giving me a crooked grin.

"Beats talking to you." I replied defensively before getting off the stool and leaving them both to go talk to some old lady I saw sitting on one of the leather chairs about to fall asleep. Even she was better company than Rafe.

"Ouch, that hurt." He replied with both hands covering his heart. "hey wait up." He called once he saw I was leaving him. I looked back to see Ally had returned to her magazine with a knowing smile plastered on her face. What was up with that? I quickly kept walking on, hoping to reach the old lady before he reached me. No such luck. He grabbed my hand and whirled me around.

"What? What do you want from me?" I asked him with a frustrated look on my face.

He was taken a back. He quickly dropped my hand, but not before replying. "I just wanted to talk to you about last week. I mean I've been wanting call you but I've been busy and..."

"Save it. I don't need to hear your poorly made excuses and I certainly don't need to be lied to right to my face. Oh and don't worry I've already forgotten about what happened last week. I'm sure that 's what both you and your girlfriend would want." And with that I walked off leaving him with his eyes open wide and his mouth gaping at me. Serves him right thinking he could mess with me. Well think again. I might be a shy person and I might not be social but one thing I'm not is weak. And no guy is going to make a fool out of me, of that I'm certain. I promised myself I would never be vulnerable enough to be hurt again and I'm keeping that promise. I am never going to be played for a fool ever again.