CHAPTER 4

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"How many times did you sleep with Sam?" I asked Ashley.

"You wanna know how good he is?" She asked in a playful tone.

"God no! Just answer the question, will you?" I frown while responding.

"You never gave a dancing fuck about Sam's past regarding girls so why are you asking me this question now?" She raised her brow.

I sigh heavily at how right she is but that still does not reduce my curiosity to know his score. I am just as clueless as her because this piece of information won't change anything that my heart has started developing for him. Since we never brought up Sam in our conversation, she being shocked at my question was quite understandable but this new revelation of my feelings was unknown to her. I myself did not know how to react as this was the first time my heart warmed up for someone in this manner and it was still was very nebulous to me. I wanted to test my feelings by knowing about his female fans which as I said before never interested me. 

"I was just wondering." I shrug, trying to act cool. 

"Oh okay. To answer that question, we were fooling around for quite some time." She says which still does not completely answer my question but I let it pass. 

"He mentioned once that you were his booty call." I say. 

"You got it wrong. He was my booty call." She smirks arrogantly which makes me chuckle at her attitude. 

"And you were possessive about a booty call?" I raise the question with the tone of disbelief. 

"You got me, bro. But its kinda hard to explain the type of bond we had. We were always very empathetic towards each other because we had the same reasons for the things we did which made my juvenile brain think that maybe I really do have a chance with him." She sighs.  

"What do you mean by reasons?" I ask, my feelings long forgotten. 

"We both were deprived of love from our respective parents. My mother died when I was just five and since then my dad is immersed into work which is not as required as he thinks it is. The reality is that he wants to just keep himself occupied to avoid anything relating to mom. Sam's past is better known to you than me. So, we had a lot of stuffs in common and though he said that I meant nothing to him, I'd still say that we had something. Definitely. He was the only source of attention in my life at one point of time which made me desperate. I am sorry, Violet. You deserve him more than I will ever do." She turns to me with a sad smile. 

"Don't be sorry, Ash. You know that we are way over that now. I am glad you could open up to me about something so personal like this. I am sure you will get more attention and love than you have ever wanted." I say. 

"Thank you, I really appreciate it." She sighs. 

"You're welcome. By the way, you mentioned something about you knowing Amelia before?" I ask.

"Yes. My mom used to be great friends with her. My dad worked in Mr. Ryder's company but resigned some time before his death. We met because of family connection and that's how it all started." She says. 

"Oh." Is all I say. 

"Just so you know, Sam never had half as much flings as the rumors suggest. Apart from me, there were only a few one night stands." She says slyly making me wonder at her tone. 

"Why are you sayi--" I ask her but she cuts me off. 

"Oh, come on! Just admit it already that you like him. Its all over your face." She says which makes my jaw touch the floor in surprise.