The Aftermath

"Holy shit, look at the ceiling. It's moving," I say enthusiastically. "Shit, you're right," Andy agrees. We've been lying on the floor for about fifteen minutes, all because I thought it was a fantastic idea to try marijuana. I was incorrect. "Andy! You'd better get that girl home! It's almost six!" Andy's mom yells up to us. "I'll walk you home," he says.
*
"Bye, Andy," I hug him before he leaves. I walk inside the house and Billie calls out, "Chelsea?" 'Holy shit. He can't know I'm high. What do I do?' I think to myself. "No," I call back. I hear him make his way downstairs, and I begin to panic. He gives me a brief hug, steps back, and looks at me with a cocked eyebrow. "Are you high?" he asks, kinda quiet so that no one else hears. I shake my head rapidly, "You're the one that's high." "Dammit, Chelsea! We trust you for two seconds and you go and get high?" he whispers loudly. "How'd you know?" I ask, still disoriented. "You smell like it and your eyes are glazed and red," he says, crossing his arms over his chest. "Dinner's ready!" we hear Adie call from the kitchen. "Thank god, I'm starving," I begin to walk towards the kitchen, but Billie pulls me back. "You are not going in there like this," he points to be. "You're being so rude...I'm gonna go get snacks," I say, but again, Billie pulls me back. "No, you're not. If she finds out, we're both in deep shit," he explains.
(Btw Chelsea is not making words even though she thinks she is)
Billie pulls me upstairs, but stops when he sees Jake and Joey making their way downstairs. He guides me back downstairs and we hide in the garage. "I need to go get some snacks," I say, but Billie, again, pulls me back. "Stop that. Can I trust you to stay in here while I go get food for you? Wait, never mind, can't do that. Obviously you can't be trusted," he huffs angrily. "Okay, grumpy, you're being a bit irrational, wouldn't you say?" I try to reason. "You're not even making words!" he exclaims. "I am to!" I disagree. "What does that even mean?!" he begins to get frustrated. "Dude, don't flip but I think there's a fluffy cat on your head," I say calmly. I reach out to pet the cat, but Billie slaps my hand away. "Chelsea, knock it off!" he scolds me. I keep trying to save the cat on his head, but eventually he has to hold my wrists away from him, "Stop that!" We both stop dead in our tracks when we hear the garage door open. Adie's face says it all. She has her eyebrows furrowed and she purses her lips. Billie is still holding my wrists in the air and I'm sure my eyes are still red. "Do I even want to know?" she asks, an annoyed tone in her voice. "Uh...no?" Billie says unsurely. "Both of you, get upstairs to your rooms. I can't deal with this right now," she says sternly. "Whoa! Hey! You can't ground me. I'm an independent woman who can't get told what to do," Billie says, dropping my arms and placing his hands on his hips. He laughs to himself while Adie still deadpans. "Don't be funny with me," she says.
*
"Please just go to bed...." Billie pleads to me. "I'm not even tired, you're just a bit fuzzy," I say. "I told you we'd be in deep shit," he says. Adie walks into my room, being sure to close the door behind her. "Chelsea, what the hell," she states bluntly, crossing her arms over her chest. "What?" I ask, not realizing why everyone is so upset. "Why did you think it was a good idea to smoke weed?" she asks. "Dad does it," I argue. "No, Dad used to—" she lets her arms fall to her sides and continues, "did you just call him Dad?" Billie looks at me with a warm smile that I'd never seen before. "I have to go somewhere," I say as I stumble out of my room and towards Joey's bedroom. I close his door behind him and he laughs at me. I can't feel like I'm part of this family! I'm not even biologically related!

"Fuck...are you high?" he chuckles. "I don't know. How long does weed last for?" I ask, leaning up against his door. "Depends what strand you smoked," he says bluntly, "Do you remember what it was called?" I shake my head and sit next to him on his bed. "I keep messing things up," I sigh. "Hold on, you really think this is a mess up?" he laughs as though I don't know something. I furrow my eyebrows, "Yeah. This is a big mess up. Billie said that this was the only time he trusted me on my own and now he's disappointed in me." He shakes his head and snickers, "Dude, we've all been caught high. 'We' meaning me, Jake, and Dad. It's no big deal. The worst that'll happen is that you'll get grounded, Mom and Dad will forget that you're grounded, and that's the end of your punishment. Trust me, this is the last of your worries." "Are you sure?" I ask for clarification. "Positive...now go get yelled at and grounded," he says, pointing towards the door.

When I go back into my room, Billie has his face in his hands while Adie rubs his back. "I-I'm really sorry," I say, not knowing what else I'm supposed to say or do. Billie stands up and hugs me. "You're so grounded," he jokes with me. "I know...Joey said you would ground me," I say back. Adie walks over and says, "Well, if you're hungry, your dinner is still downstairs." We make our way downstairs and Billie has a large smile on his face. "Why are you smiling?" I ask. "I just am..." he trails off. We reach the bottom of the steps and I gasp with surprise and begin to cry.

A/N: heyyy beautiful people! Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger! Anyways, please make sure to comment and vote if u enjoyed this chapter! Ilyasm! XOXO
-Victoria