Chapter 2: And I thought I knew my parents well.

A/N: REVOMENT my butterterians :)

*****************************

You see, this has been happening to me for the past two years. My parents would just randomly show up at my apartment with a blind date they set up. I don't even know where they get the person from.

I once used to date, like most people did. I found the perfect guy I was ready to settle down with, but just when we were about to get married, he cheated on me. To say I was heart broken was an understatement, I was beyond shattered.

I spent almost a year trying to sober up. I was kind of glad all this happened, because now I truly know the inner intention of men. They don't believe in love and I learnt not to.

After a year, I finally sobered up and ever since then, my parents have been trying to get me back on 'track' and setting blind dates for me.

I told them it won't work out, but being my parents, decided not to listen.

I was about to shut the door in their face, but my dad must have caught on and stuck his foot to prevent me from closing it.

He tsked, "Gracie, that's no way to welcome your parents and guest."

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could feel the man's eyes on me and he somewhat looked familiar, I was sure I've seen that face before, but I couldn't place where.

Returning my attention to my dad, I gave a defeated sigh, " Fine," I said, and opened the door wider for them to come in. That's when I took a good look at the man behind the door.

He was in a dark blue long sleeve top that hung to his body showing his broad chest and defined muscle and in a lightish brown trousers. More to say, he looked hot.

They entered, and their eyes roamed around my house while the man's eyes were still on me. I shivered involuntarily under his gaze.

I closed the door, and gestured for them to sit. My parents sat on the couch, the man on the chair and me on a bean bag.

They were staring intently at me, an awkward silence filling the room and I was beginning to get uncomfortable. Finally, mom broke the silence.

"Well, isn't this nice; sitting down together in a circle with our gazes locked on each other, am I right?" She laughed before awkwardly clearing her throat due to the lack of response and a more awkward silence filled the room again.

I sighed inwardly. Mom was never the type to break an uncomfortable silence. She ends up saying or doing something weird that just requires a face palm.

All attention were now on her, as she shrunk in her seat and hung her head in shame, in order for us not to see her blushing.

Dad rubbed her back soothingly, trying to comfort her while giving us faint smiles.

"Gracie, meet Mr Harsh," Dad nodded to the man. I snorted at the name Who is named 'Harsh'? Must be tough on him. Dad must have heard it because he shot me a warning look.

I gave a small smile and extended my hands to him, "I'm Gracie Friday, nice to meet you."

"So I've heard. The pleasure is all mine and you can call me John." He gave me a wide grin, as he took my hands, giving it a tight squeeze.

I furrowed my eyebrows, retracting my hands from his.

"Gracie, where are your manners? Give our guest here some refreshments." Mom piped in, having recovered from her state.