Chapter 11: Here I was thinking its all over

I might've messed up. Okay, that was an understatement, I did mess up. Real bad. But in my defense, I didn't know it'd hurt him so much. I thought he wouldn't even care seeing as though he might be doing the same.

Maybe he was jealous or something, or maybe because I had struck a nerve in him. I mean, we did make a deal, a deal that I shouldn't have breached. I might have been selfish into putting myself first, rather than my mom's life that was at stake. Again, some part of me didn't feel any regret doing what I did which truly worried me.

Does that make me the bad guy? I don't think it does, it was how I felt. All these thoughts flooded my mind as I sat faced down on my couch.

My stomach growled, reminding me that I haven't eaten anything since morning. All that encounter made me forget my sole purpose of going to the restaurant in the first place.

I sighed, sitting straight up on the couch and grabbing my phone. Dialing the pizza place, I ordered two boxes of pepperoni pizza. I wasn't a light eater, especially when I had a lot of things on my mind.

The only thing that soothes me in times like this is food and a bunch of hopeless romantic movies. So basically, food and movies are my safe haven.

I didn't want to call my parents. Knowing them, they'd jump into conclusions that it was entirely my fault. Especially my mom, she's always been one to judge.

She has improved over the last few years, I must say. She was much worse than now. One mistake and you'd get ready to hear four good hours of full blown lectures on how to be 'responsible' and always 'admitting your mistakes'. I definitely wasn't ready for that kind of talk. Being corrected is very annoying in my opinion.

These are times I wish I had a friend to talk to. But being socially awkward, I never stood a chance with the society and always cowered when it comes to expressing myself.

The doorbell rang, pulling me out of my thoughts. That must be the pizza. I took some money as I lazily got up and dragged myself to the door

Opening it, my gaze immediately travelled down to the boxes sitting on the pizza dude's right hand. A small smile made its way to my lips as the delicious aroma filled my nose, making me drool.

"Thank y-" I stopped short when my gaze landed on the pizza dude, who was in fact Jake.

He stood about two feet taller than me. A nervous smile played on his lips as he rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand.

"Hey Gracie," He finally said, uncomfortably shifting from foot to foot.

My face immediately hardened. He was all the cause of this. I know I shouldn't put all the blame on him, but the stubborn side of me refused to admit my wrong doings and also he made a move on me first so he's entirely at fault.

But you went on with the kiss making you at fault also. A rational part of me reasoned. I shook the thoughts away and held my chin high up in front of him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

"You ordered pizza, and you got pizza," He shrugged.

My nose flared. He was trying to be a smartass, "I know that! But I didn't order you!"

As soon as the words left my mouth, I felt my face heat up from embarrassment. Did I just say that? Nice comeback, Gracie. Real nice.

He smirked, "Well you could have added that to what you wanted." He proceeded to lean on the door with a smug look, "I could've arrange something real quick."

My mouth dropped. I could not believe he just said that. It was like he didn't regret doing everything that happened earlier, which awfully made a part of me sigh in relief. That would be completely rejection and I'm not one to take rejection.