Chapter 9: The best teaser ever born

"Are we there yet?" I asked, slouching down my seat.

We had been driving for over twenty minutes and I was getting restless.

Dean inhaled deeply, "You asked that a minute ago and my answer still remains the same. No!"

"Geez." I muttered.

I looked out the window seeing cars and trees blur by. It was a fascinating sight in a sort of way.

"Are we there yet?" I asked once again, already gotten bored of the view.

"For the love of God, Gracie. No! If we were there, wouldn't I stop the car? Or wouldn't I announce it?!"

I nodded, "Good point. But who knows? Knowing your level of hate towards me, you could be taking me somewhere quiet and secretive so you can dispose of my body when you're done with whatever."

He seemed to be thinking for a second.

"You know what?"

"What?"

"That's a really good plan you've got there. I've been thinking of something like that for a certain person."

"Really, who?" I beamed excitedly.

He smirked, "Oh you know who. You know the person like the back of your hand."

I thought for a moment, "No one comes to mind."

He sighed, "Never mind."

I pouted but decided to drop it. Who would tell another person that he or she wants to commit a crime?

Getting bored once more, I opened my mouth to speak but was beaten to it.

"Don't you dare say it." Dean's voice gritted out.

"I wasn't going to say that." I huffed.

A few minutes passed with an unsettling awkward silence filling the car.

"So, how is your mom like?" I asked hoping to start up a conversation.

A small smile etched on his face.

"You're finally getting nervous?" He teased me.

I scoffed, "I mean, yeah. Who wouldn't? I'm going to meet your parents and a first good impression is needed."

He frowned, "It really doesn't matter if they like you or not. It's an arranged marriage which isn't going to last forever. So you don't need to be worried over petty things."

I sighed, "Yeah, I know. But still....I want your parents to like me. I don't know why, but I just want them to."

He nodded, seeming to understand where I'm coming from.

"That's quite nice of you. If it were up to me, I wouldn't mind people hating me. I mean, I'm used to it as it is." He shrugged, then continued, "In the business world, you don't expect everyone to be your friend. That's just how it works and it's reasonable."

"I disagree. It isn't actually reasonable. Think of it this way. If you have many connections with others, there are many opportunities awaiting you. You can never know what will happen next. That's why you need to make as many friends as possible. You'll need them sooner or later."

He glanced at me for a second before returning his concentration back to the road.

"You wouldn't understand, Gracie. You and I are from different worlds."

I didn't argue with that. He was indeed right. We are from separate worlds, whereas he's extraordinary rich and I'm just....average. Somehow, I feel strange just thinking about it. What if we were from separate worlds? Is there even anything of such? Sometimes, I don't understand the world.