Chapter 5: The worst thing to do is accept a deal with a billionaire

A/N: REVOMENT my butterterians :).

I twirled around to the other side of the bed immediately coming in contact with a stone wall.

How did this get in here?

With closed eyes, I placed my hands on the wall feeling something soft like hair.

Walls don't have hair. Right?

Continuing my exploration, I moved my hands higher on the strange wall. Feeling a strong jaw and soft lips, the wall moaned and-

Wait, what? Walls don't moan and they definitely don't have features of what seems to be a man.

Forcing my eyes to open, I was immediately blinded by the light streaming from the window across the room.

Hissing, I covered part of my face with my hands and tried to adjust to my surroundings.

Finally able to see well, my eyes immediately lands on a broad chests and an arm around my waist. I froze, refusing to think the worst.

I haven't slept with a man for almost a year now. Did we......

I gasped and pushed the body to the ground.

He fell with a thud, groaning, "What the fu-" He looked up at me, "Why are you staring at me like that? It's creepy."

I pointed an accusing finger at him, "Yo-you- we did-didn't do anything right?"

He raised an eyebrow, "What?"

I threw a pillow at him, which he dodged easily, "I'm asking you if we," I pointed at him and myself, "did anything together?"

He frowned, "You mean you don't remember anything from last night?"

"Remember wha-" I stopped, feeling all the memories come back to me.

First, I came back angry for some reason, met my mom cooking, disgusted by something her and dad did, ate, parents looking strange and said they wanted to discuss something, learning that I'd get married to John, getting angry, mom trying to calm me down, getting even more angrier, mom finally revealing that she's dying and then everything went black.

I came back to reality, feeling a warm substance on my cheeks. I placed my hands there and realized it was tears. My tears.

I looked at John who stared back at me with a pitiful look.

I hated being pitied, it made me feel weak.

Wiping my tears, I gave a small smile, "Don't look at me with pity, I hate it. I'm not weak you know." It didn't even sound like my voice.

John stood up and sat beside me. He hesitated for a moment before placing his hands on my shoulder. I flinched and swatted his hands off me.

He sighed, looking forward, "Look, I know this is all hard to take in," He took in a deep breath, "Believe it or not, I've faced similar situation, but you have to know that the truth hurts and be strong," He turned to look at me, "I have a reason for doing this, well two actually, but I guess I can relate."

I scoffed, Yeah right.

He ran a hand through his hair, "I'm not one to give inspiring words but just take the offer your parents put on the table."

I turned to look at him, "What offer?"

"The offer that you'd marry me for as long as I want and I'll pay for your mother's hospital bills for any treatment she wants."

"They put me up for sale?" I gasped.

He groaned, "No, it's not that. It's just-" He sighed getting frustrated, "Look, you want your mom to get better, right?"

I nodded stiffly.

"Then, this is an opportunity you can't miss. I know you and your parents can't afford the treatment, that's why I'm offe-"

I stood up angrily, "We aren't poor and we don't need your money."

"I know you-"

"How can you even pay the bills? Who are you anyways? I've never heard of you or seen you before. You can't just randomly walk into my life and say you want to marry me. Then bribe my parents into putting me up for sale because of some selfish desire of yours." I yelled at him.

"You don't know who I am?" He seemed to ignore all my other comments and focused on this one in particular.

I raised an eyebrow, "Am I supposed to?"

He looked deep in thought for a moment or two before looking back up at me, face blank, "It doesn't matter who I am, or how I can pay for the treatment. All I'm saying is that we need each others help and we both know this is an opportunity we can't miss. So deal or no deal?"

"I said we-" I started.

"Deal or no deal?" He repeated, stretching out his hands for a handshake if I accept.

"Can I just think about it?" I asked.

"No. The deadline is today, this hour, and this minute." He bluntly stated.

I stared at his outstretched hand, feeling like I'm making a deal with the devil himself.

For mom, for mom. I repeated these words continuously.

Taking a deep breath, I brought my hand to his, "Deal."

He nodded, firmly holding my hand in his and dropped it back to his sides, "Good choice. I will send you the details of everything you need to know and remember there is no turning back. I will bring a document to seal the deal."

He started walking towards the door then stopped, still facing backwards, "And remember, you have to act the part. Since we'll be legally married, I expect you to be a good wife to me." With that, he left the room. I heard the front door open and bang shut.

I slumped on my pillow, screaming into it.

What had I gotten myself into?

_________________________________________

Hey guys,

Sorry for the wait, I seem to be experiencing the writers block. I hope this counts as a good chapter :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. It took a long time to write :) Don't be a silent reader, I love seeing your thoughts of my books.

Thanks for reading!!!! I almost forgot again, REVOMENT! My butterterians :D For some that don't know its read, vote and comment :)

Peace and peanut butter,

Awesomeleegal.