The Ghost of Molly Evans and the Truth of the Harris Manor

Me and my parents have been moving since I can remember, lived all over the world. A few that I can only remember are Singapore, Germary and Ireland. The reason why my father signed up for the army as he wanted to see the world. At age of four I could speak different languages. It was fun living in these places but when I got older I realised the one thing I have never had was a best friend, well never had the chance to as was never in a place long enough for me to havemade any.

The strongest memory That was always had on my mind was when I wasage six. It was the time when everything in my world had to change for the worst.

Me and my mum had to move back to our home country of Scotland. It was horrible as we had to leave my father behind in Yugoslavia. As things were too bad for mother and children to be there. I remember how bad it was as I could hear bombs going off while I lay in bed trying to sleep and when would ask my mother what was that sound I heard, she would say "It's just fireworks darling,

she always wanted to keep me happy but always know as my mother would have a worried look on her face.

when we lived there before our move we had a nice old woman, that we lived in her guest house that was so nice and would share her food with my family as my parents have a small child, when we left it got worst and still think to this day , I often think of this nice kind woman if she was okay. She would be dead as this had happened so long ago, but hopefully she passed away from a normal death like old age and was not killed by the cruel part of the world she lived in.

When I came home to Scotland I started at school, while I sat in my new school with my new classmate it always made me sad to see other kids in my class speaking about their weekends of their fathers taking them to the park, for a game of football and theirfathers taking them on day trips to deep sea world and a camping trip in the holidays. I remember every summer the village I lived in had a sports day when all the children in my small village would have a father's kids' day. they would have a father kids race when they had a game of red rover and the three legged race , I always remember walking by and seeing the happy faces of children showed me what I was always missed out on and that was when a realised howmuch a didn't have a father daughter relationship either, so would be a good thing that I had no friends as I would be jealous of other children, as when they had their fathers and all the adventure they would take at stories that was read to them at bedtime.

While I would be lying awake in bed scared of my mother having a phone call at any time of my father had been killed in battle. Well Thankfully thathad never happened. I always wondered what my life would have been like if that ever had well best not to think like that. well he has left the army now. He left when my mother fell pregnant with my now seven year old sister Daphne. I always Wished he had been there for me, the good thing is least he gets to see one of the daughters grow up. yet again we're on the road again. about to move into a house on the outskirts of London in a wealthy village named Golden green into a house named the Harris Manor, my mother just been given a house on anenormous old lady will. So this my parents way of a new start. The house has been empty for years it is one of them wrecks that if you were driving through a village that everything looks perfect and normal apart from this one building that shouldn't be there. I bet when you see this you would think the worst of it well to be honest I did, remembered saying when my mother parked outside it what a dump or we left a good perfect house in Scotland for this but once I found out the history that happen here I had a different point of view of it and this house was meant for me and my family.

I would like to tell you why this house became the way it has and why people shouldn't just judge things. In this very house the year was 1924 there once was a woman who lived here and her name was Enid Harris she was what you called the the witch herbals as in these days there was no such places as a pharmacy so all the villagers used to come to see Enid to get there made or any potion they desired. The reason why Mrs Harris became this was her husband's childhood sweet heart died and she had to find a way to pay her bills and be able to stay in this wealthy place, She had a beautiful 17 year old daughter who was named Marlene she was only 4 when her father died.