Chapter 3

the year was now 1933 . the people of golden green village never got over the lost of their mayor son jason. marlene was still the most hated person in town but she never let it get to her. she now had her beloved husband and there beautiful daughter. bring her up was the most important thing to marlene seeing her daughter happy. years went by so fast molly was now 8 years old her cute doll like face and long brown and blonde hair with curls down her back.

"come away from the window" asked charles as he watch marlene stand in the livingroom as she watch molly playing in the garden herself

" i can't , i know one day i will need to tell her the truth she replied

" let her be just know. she is safe

" said charles as marlene was about to leave the window a girl was standing at their gate with long ginger hair and matching purple coat and hat on. the girl then walked away and molly game running in

" mother she shouted as she bardge into the house

" what is it darling" asked marlene

" i have been invited to a birthday party tomorrow, by the mayor croft daughter martha " said molly marlene looked at charles in a nervous kind of way there was rumous that mayor grant step down and moved on as he never got over the lost of his son jason. this was the first time marlene had ever let molly past the garden. the time was know to show the village that she was not letting the horrible past affect her daughters furture. marlene looked through her cupboard and made a new dress for molly. the next morning marlene walked over to the mayors house. Doreen barron was standing there and looked at her in a shock molly just smiled as she hold the gift for the mayors daughter. next to doreen was twin girls that looked just as nasty as she was. " have a good time molly" marlene said as she hugged her and said goodbye. as molly walked over to the party all the girls and boys there was lots of things like bouncy castles and donky riding a bit much for a young girls party " molly!" a voice shouted it was the mayors daughter martha hi said molly " so happy you could make it" said martha she then took molly hand and took her over to the gift table just then it was time for martha to open then all her guest had arrive, " you will love what i got you" said molly that was the first gift martha deside to open as martha opened the gift bag a frog jumped out of it martha then screamed all the other children started to laugh " i am sorry i dont know how that got there" said molly " stop laughing at her, leave her alone" shouted martha she then looked in the bag and there was a beauitiful necklace inside a box of a cat and a moon. " its lovely molly thank you" said martha as she put it on once all the gifts were open her mother brought her cake and then martha took molly to speak to her. the twins followed them "

look stella, there is the witch mother warned us about" said velma " how are you being nasty", leave us alone" asked martha " your just knew her family are evil, our mother told us all about her" said velma, martha tried to ignore them girls and she turned around " leave me alone" asked molly and she walked away then the twins" shouted go home witch " shouted the girls " i wished you both just disapear" shouted molly and then she walked over to martha. Martha turned around and was in shock " what is wrong" asked molly she turned around and the two girl had vanished. the hot summers day draws to an end , molly realises that somethings not right purely due to the fact as before returns to her house the weather begins to shift which reminds her of how when things in life become easier , she knows that the worse is just about to come.

Martha follows after molly to the house , when a sudden gust of wind sweeps her off her feet causing her to land painfully on her face and she scrumbles back on to her feet another gail force wind hits blowing a tree out of the ground to crumble with a large fud onto Marthas legs. Taking her by surprise and feeling the dreadful horrifiic pain shudder through her body, Molly runs to her rescue to attempt to free Martha from the grips of the tree. But as she gets to Martha , Martha jults with horror screaming,

" This is all your fault Molly , run and get me help but then don't return as this is all your fault you evil witch! I tried to believe that you were a good person , but now i know that they were all right , you are evil and you are a witch ! "

Even with the nasty hurtful words of Martha , molly knew she had to help her get out from under the blown down tree and as she bends to grab Marthas arm , Martha reaches up and rips Mollys necklace from her neck and tosses it to the side. Molly falls back on her bum with shock and fear that someone who could of possibly been her only friend could turn on her so easily for something she hasn't done, purely because of horrid rumours passed around the town by all the nosey neighbours.

the bad wind stopped as molly left martha garden as she got in the front door at her home she sits behind the door crying, just then marlene comes out of the kitchen and walks over to molly, " what is wrong she asked trying to hug her but molly was pulling her self away. as marlene was about to walk away from her" when did you plan to tell me that i was a witch!!! shouted molly, marlene burst out into tears and sat back down beside molly and said " your grandmother was a witch she got framed from killing the late mayors son" said marlene " why did you not tell me mother!" snap molly" i am sorry molly i tried to protect you from the past but i should of told you" said marlene. molly then stood up and walked up the stairs as marlene sat her self. as molly entered her attic bedroom she walked over to her attic window and looked though the window and this was were molly sat and never moved from here as she feels like, she would miss something. marlene always tried to have to help molly to bring her out her room. she didnt want to speak to anyone.