Chapter 2 (De Cruz's POV)

"The murderer has struck again!" Bertinelli yells as his face shows sheer panic and his breath comes out ragged and shaky.

"Two murders in one night," I say running my fingers through my raven hair. "Our unsub must be obsessed by now."

"Or psychologically screwed," Dr. Davenport says while gazing at me. I stare at her for a while before realizing how dishelved she looked. Her chocolate brown hair looks greasy and dishelved, and her clothes look beyond crinkled. And...Are those the same pants she wore yesterday?

Her eyes however, despite having huge eye bags underneath, are as vibrant and full of life as ever. Their rich chocolate hue shines as the light from the outside of the room falls on her. It itches to not be able to yank her glasses off and stare at her eyes. 

And her nose, it's gracefully hooked and pointed to perfection, compared to my own, which is slightly upturned.

I suddenly wonder what it would be like if we had kids. What will their eyes look like? What about their hair and their nose?  I quickly brush the dangerous thought aside, focusing on what our strategy to catch the unsub would be.

"The victim was found in the bushes a while ago by a jogger who was going on a midnight run," Bertinelli says. "We still need a CSI to analyze the crime scene though."

"Is Izzy back yet?" I ask curiously.

"No" he answers. "Unfortunately, she's the only CSI that we had, and even she's on vacation."

"That's no problem," Dr. Davenport says. "Just send me in, I'll fill in for her until she comes back."

"So it's settled then," I say while pulling out my car keys. "Let's go catch a serial killer."

"Actually," the medical examiner barges in. "He's not a serial killer yet. He still has to commit another murder this month until he can officially be declared a serial killer."

"Shut up."

                                                                   ---------------

The drive to the crime scene wasn't far away. In fact, it was about ten minutes away from HQ.

"Wow," Agent Gevanni says while scratching the back of his neck. "Seems strange that the murderer would risk dumping a body in the bushes. There are a lot of people coming in and around here."

"What's even stranger," Dr. Davenport adds, "is the fact that the victim was killed exactly the same way Wally Patron was. They were both shot three times in the chest and there's also multiple openings in the body, indicating that our victim had their internal organs removed for organ trafficking. They both also had their heads bashed pretty badly."

She pauses and furrows her brows before finally speaking again. "The only strange thing, is the fact that there's no bruise markings across this victim's body, possibly indicating that she was vulnerable and therefor no fight took place."

"Anything else?" 

The doctor shakes her head. "Nope, there's nothing else that I know of. But the one thing that I find really surprising is the fact that both victims have absolutely nothing in common, not even their age range."

"We'll figure something out," I say turning to Agent Armani. "Did you find any ID on her?"

She shakes her head and gives a frown. "There's nothing that can be used to identify our Jane Doe. And considering the fact that her face is unrecognizable, we might have to look through missing person reports or do a facial reconstruction."

I nod in agreement. "We should head back to HQ and discuss the case details there."