Chapter 7 (Davenport's POV)

Unbelievable. That's the only word I can think of when I see Detective De Cruz sitting in his desk with a huge pile of paperwork in front of him. The paperwork was accompanied by a large Espresso Macchiato.

"Did you really just pull another all nighter?" I ask him with my hands my on hips. He looks up, shocked at the fact I was standing in front of him.

"When did you get in here?" he says while trying his best to stifle a yawn. My left brow shoots up in the air.

"Don't answer my question with another question," I say while snapping my fingers. "Why were you pulling another all nighter anyway?"

"Captain Paasche doesn't come back for another week," he says with a huff. "She's on a vacation with her mom and her sister while I'm here filling out all of her paperwork."

"That's nice," I say sarcastically. "Anyways, Armani scheduled us an appointment at the school. It's at eight forty-fine."

"Eight forty-five?" he asks almost sputtering out his coffee. "But that's only half an hour from now."

"Exactly!" I say in a cheery voice. "Which is why we're gonna leave as soon as Armani and Gevanni get here." I peek out of the window and am greeted by the sight of our two other BAU agents. "They're here!" I yell deafeningly.

"Oi shitty glasses," Detective De Cruz says with a glare. "Do you think we could pick up a Starbucks on the way there?"

"Sure."

------------------

"Here we are!" I yell flailing my arms in the air. "Everything we've investigated throughout this case leads to this here 'normal' high school."

"Calm down," De Cruz says as he passes me and walks inside the building with Gevanni and Armani. "We still have the actual interrogation part to do."

"Right," I say sheepishly before following him inside.

We spent the next ten minutes standing outside the office door, desperately waiting for the door to open so that we could get answers. Well, I was the only one that was desperate. Everyone else was just sipping on whatever they got from Starbucks.

Finally, the door to the office opens, revealing a lanky old man with gray hair and wire framed glasses. He was wearing a black business tux and tie, with his hair neatly slicked back. "You all are from the FBI, right?"

"Yes," De Cruz answers while tugging on his blazer. "We would like to ask a few questions regarding a case we are currently investigating. You wouldn't mind answering them, would you?"

"Of course not," he says before motioning us to come into his office and ushering us into chairs. "Feel free to ask whatever you want."

"Very well," I say before clearing my throat. "We were wondering about an incident that happened five or six years ago regarding Wally Patron and Verner Dantis."

The smile on the principle's face quickly dissolves into a frown. "What about it?" he says with his frown growing deeper. "That boy ruined the reputation this school had. He murdered a kid—"

"Who was a bully," Gevanni cuts in. "The victim wasn't as innocent as he may have seemed. Now would you mind telling us what happened."

"Why explain?" he says while twiddling his thumbs. "It's clear that you already know what happened during that case."

"We only know the minor details," I say frankly. "We need to know what actually happened, not just a brief description of what went down."

"Alright," the principle—Dr. Simons—says with a huff. "What happened is that Wally was never really a progressive student in this school. He would always get into fights and show up here. I was pretty sure he was abused at home too. I mean, he would show up every day with bruise marks along his body."