Chapter 6 (De Cruz's POV)

"We should really consider checking that school out," Dr. Davenport says as we step out of the car. "I mean, everything that we've heard from those two indicate that the case goes back to Montgomery High."

"We can check it out later," I say not looking at her. "You still need to run tests and examine the bodies of the cadavers, remember?"

"I already performed the autopsies, remember?" she says raising an eyebrow at me. "What's wrong with you? Usually, you go out of your way and do everything you possibly can to make sure we get a lead. What happened this time?"

"Nothing happened," I say staring into her eyes with a bored expression. "I'm just stressed out with my already tentative schedule. To top it all off, we have a psychopath running around the city killing people."

"Why don't you take a vacation?" she says as we keep walking towards HQ. "Or a day off? If my facts are right, you still have over two weeks of vacation days compiled together."

"Because I go nuts if I have nothing to do," I say monotonously. "I'm not easily entertained like you."

"Okay," she says throwing her hands up in defeat. "It was just a suggestion, but you can have it your way." 

And with that, she galloped into HQ with me slowly following behind her. Can't keep this lie up forever, I say to myself grimly before entering the building.

                                                             ---------------

"Hey De Cruz," Agent Gevanni says to me sheepishly as he rubs the back of his neck. "While you were gone, the murderer struck again. Although, this time we actually found identification on the victim. He was a twenty one year old man named Victor Dantis."

"Really?" I say raking my ravenous hair. "Let me guess, he attended Montgomery High School."

"You bet," Cooper says while rapidly typing on his laptop. "Since he was the same age as our unsub's first victim, I did some background research on him. Turns out that he had many charges pressed on him when he was in high school, and guess what."

"What?"

"One of the charges pressed against him were from Wally."

"Why?" I ask with deep interest. 

"Well, it turns out that the bully Wally murdered during his high school days was actually Victor's twin brother, and that Victor barged into his house one night and 'threatened to kill him.'"

"It seems as though whoever this unsub is has a deep hatred for all the people involved in a bullying scandal from Montgomery High," Agent Armani says from across the table.

"If that's true," Dr Davenport continues, "then how is Olivia Tennison involved in any of it?"

"We should ask the school about it," Gevanni says confidently. "Dr. Davenport said it herself, all the things that we've been investigating so far has a connection to Montgomery High."

"Yep," the doctor says enthusiastically, "and that's exactly what we're gonna do tomorrow. Now, I did some research in the car and thought of a possible demographic which might fit our unsub."

"Explain," I say in my usual bored tone.

"Okay, so considering how badly our victims were beaten up, a possible demographic could be a man in his early to mid twenties and physically fit. Since it's most likely that people getting bullied in their high school days are nerdy, we should be searching for a person who is antisocial or has trouble talking and connecting with people."

"Anything else?" I ask.

"Yes," Dr. Davenport continues, "I almost forgot. Our unsub is most likely experienced in the medical field, or it's most likely that he's experienced medical training of sorts, hence the missing internal organs."

"So we should check out the black market," Armani says while stroking her chin in thought. "We should also check out a guy who goes to a gym often."

"Yep," Dr. Davenport says cutting in. "And it would also be a good idea to accumulate a list of people who are currently in their early to mid twenties and went to medical school in the region. Cooper?"

"I'm way ahead of you," he responds as he continues typing on his laptop. "I'll make sure you get the info by tomorrow."

"Okay," Armani says with a yawn. "Well I'm spent! And it sure doesn't help with the fact that I have a cranky three year old at home. I'll see you guys later."

"Same," Gevanni says while stretching his limbs. "I should get going. My wife's probably waiting for me at home. See you!"

I watch as they both leave, Cooper trailing behind them with his laptop. "So," Dr. Davenport says awkwardly. "Whatcha gonna do when you get home?"

"Chill and watch Netflix," I say casually with a shrug.

"Cool," she says inching towards the door. "Well, I should get going and finish that romance novel I was reading." She points both thumbs towards the door. "I'm just gonna leave," she says in a whisper before yelling a noisy good night.

"Good night, four eyes," is the only thing I say before draping my blazer on my shoulders and sitting in front of my desk with a pile of paper work sitting in front of me.