Chapter 1

*Aaliyah*

"NO! I'M NOT LEAVING!" I yelled at the adults in the room. My friends, Mya, Amelia, Mia, Jaeda, Arh'yha, Hannah, and Jackie all nodded our heads in agreement. It was the last day of school and our parents sat us down and told us we were moving. "Honey, we can't help your dad moved coaching jobs, plus the girls don't have to follow you if they don't want to," my mother scolded. "Excuse me Mrs. Jones, but I'm not leaving my sister," I heard Mya say. They all nodded. The girls and I have all been friends since the oldest, Amelia, was in 4th grade, Mia and I in 3rd, Jackie, Hannah, and Arh'yha in 2nd, and the youngest two, Mya and Jaeda, we're in 1st. This year, I had just finished my junior year at Bishop Montgomery along with Mia, Amelia just graduated and is going to attend UCLA playing basketball and lacrosse, Jackie and Arh'yha finished up sophomore year, and the babies, Hannah, Mya and Jaeda, finished up freshmen year. We have led the basketball, soccer, dance, lacrosse, hockey, track, volleyball, softball, and tennis teams to state championship wins for the past 3 years, ever since I was a freshman, and now our parents want to throw it all away and move us up to Chino Hills. We would attend Chino Hills High School, our rival school. I don't wanna leave everyone behind. Not only would we be leaving schools, but we'd move houses too. I'd be letting my friends, teachers, coaches, and teammates down....we all would. "Well this isn't your choice. Your father got the boys assistant coach job and Mya's father is the girls coach do you two are moving no matter what. The other girls' parents have decided keep you together. It's final. We move in a month and you guys will start at CHHS in late August on the first day of school. End of story," my mother concluded. I shook my head and ran up to my room. Amelia and Mya followed me close on my heels, while the others stayed downstairs, discussing the issue. I collapsed on my bed and screamed into my pillow. Amelia came over and rubbed my back. "Hey. It's gonna be ok...." She soothed. I sat up. "No its not. I'm letting everyone down. Especially the teams, I'm their captain. Captains are supposed to stick with the team always, you of all people should know that. I'm letting them down by leaving, and that is the last thing I want." "No you're not," Mya said, "You have a new opportunity to be captain somewhere else. Start new. We all will. Yeah sure we'll see Bishop in school games and stuff, but you can't let that stop you." I nodded. "I just need time guys. Go down with everyone else and I'll come down when I'm ready." They nodded and left.

*Hannah*
Mia, Jaeda, Arh'yha, Jackie, and I stayed downstairs as Mya and Amelia followed Aaliyah. We let them follow her because they've alway been closest to her and plus Amelia is leaving for UCLA, so Aaliyah needs to be with her as much as possible. "What are we gonna tell everyone?" Jaeda asked. "I don't know. But I see where Liyah is coming from when she says she's letting people down," Arh'yha stated. "Guys stop. This can br a good thing!" Jackie said. "Yeah we can make this a great opportunity to start over," I said "Plus....you know there are some pretty hot guys over at the Hills!" Mia said, "I'm tired of Jaylen Hands's ugly black ass". Mia has had this on and off relationship with Jaylen Hands, a varsity basketball player at Foothills Christian, which is nearby to Bishop Montgomery. We all nodded. Amelia and Mya came down and said she was taking her time to adjust. So we all just decided to go home and start packing.

-1 1/2 monts later ( July)
*Amelia*
We actually ended up moving a lot sooner than I anticipated. Just because I'm going to college doesn't mean I won't I've in my house. Plus I'm still playing with our AAU team. That's right. Aaliyah, Mia, Hannah, Arh'yha, Jaeda, and I have played on the same basketball team forever, Aaliyah's dad being the coach. After we all moved, we picked up a new location for practice: 24 hour fitness gym. We even picked up some new players. Their names are Michaela Corbett, Taylor Flores, Hayley Flores, and Adaliah Dunya, all from tbe CHHS girls varisty team to play with us. Our team is called Swish. I'm playing with the girls until November, because that's when UCLA starts their basketball season. This weekend, we've decided to play in our fist tournament in a new location. It's called the Adidas Gaunlet. Only the best team go, both boys and girls. We walked into the gym, the 10 of us in our black and electric green uniforms, black socks, and Kyries that we all got to match the team. Jackie and Mya tagged along. We look on the court were about to play on and we see a team of boys that are really good. The name of their team is Big Ballers. As I'm watching, I caught the eye of a tall boy on the side line. He looked like he may be the coach's son and is a helper or assistant coach. He winked at me and I blushed as I slipped my beats on. I watched the other girls do the same thing. I looked over at Aaliyah, who was watching every closely at a guy wearing a #3 jersey. He was tall, could post up, great shooter, has black curly hair, built like a football player, and very charming. Everytime he made a bucket, he'd look at Aaliyah and wink. She paid no attention though, as she got into her zone. Soon the game finished and we made our way onto the court. As we warmed up, I saw the boys team finished their meeting and come sit on the bleachers to watch us. The buzzer went off and I took off my warmup revealing a bright #2 and my last name on the back of my uniform. We huddled up did game plans and went and played ball. Everything was going great in the game. Aaliyah, Hannah, Jaeda and I made so many 3s. Mia, Michaela, and Adaliah were working hard in the post. And Arh'yha being the ankle breaker she's always is. We wen on to beat the other team 105- 70. We kept playing that day and ended up winning to hehe tournament. As we all went home, I thought to myself... those boys we saw were awfully familiar. I wonder if we'll see them again..... little did your girl know that she was right.
********************************
Hope ya'll liked it!!!!! Their team basketball shoes are below