Chapter 4

*Aaliyah*
I looked at my table partner and sighed in frustration. "Not you..." I said. Gelo gave me a smirk. "Do you not like me or something? Because you should get to know me first." "Um....no." "Come on," Gelo said," just try. My cousin may have warned you, but I think we could get along actually!" I rolled my eyes and looked at Jana and Mia, who nodded their head excitedly. I turned back around to Gelo. "Fine I'll give you a shot." "Cool! Ok well my name is LiAngelo Trey Ball. I'm 17 and I'm a senior. I play basketball. I have 2 brothers, I'm the middle child. I'm a huge sneaker-head. My parents' names are Tina and LaVar. I have a cousin named Andre, who's on the basketball team too, and a cousin named Jhaylen, but everyone calls her Jhay, who runs track at CSU-LA. I love the colors red and blue and I drive a white BMW." I opened my eyes wide and raised my eyebrows....he sounds decent. "Ok my name is Aaliyah Jones. I'm also 17 and a senior. I play basketball and volleyball. I have a sister. I also love sneakers and clothes. My parents' names are Jordan and Mikayla. I have 7 friends who are basically my sisters: Mya, Amelia, Mia, Hannah, Arh'yha, Jackie, and Jaeda. I have way to many cousins, but my favorites are my 8 year old twin cousins named Stephen and Ayesha. I love the color blue and I drive a white Tesla." He looked at me with complete interest. "You sound like an interesting person...how about you and your friends come over to my house after school?" "Sure...but Mya and Hannah have soccer tryouts, and Michelle, Mia, Jaeda, Jackie, and I have volleyball tryouts." "Come over after. The boys and I will stay later bc ya'll are too. We'll watch the tryouts or have a shoot around in the aux gym." I nodded my head. We did our work for about 5 minutes. "You never told me your middle name...." he said. "What?" "Your middle name....I told you mine.." "No you didn't," I lied, not wanting him to know. "Yes I did....it's Trey.. What's yours?" I sighed. "Don't laugh." He nodded. "....it's Kalani...." He chuckled. "You said you wouldn't laugh!" "I'm not. I'm shocked that you're embarrassed of that name... that's the most beautiful name I've ever heard....Aaliyah Kalani Jones..." "Yea....so don't wear it out," I giggled. He smiled at me. I admired his face. He had a big white smile covered with braces that shone in the sunlight through the window. "You guys are for sure coming over later. " I nodded and smiled. He's actually not that bad. Class ended and I grabbed Jana and Mia. "What do you have going on with my brother's best friend? " "We were just talkin, bitch. Don't worry I ain't gonna steal your man. " "Bitch that aint my man. My man is Grant Truemann.....he on the football team." I just nodded my head and we walked to our next class.
*skip to tryouts*
I walked to the locker room with Hannah, Mia, Mya, Jackie, Jaeda, and Michelle. Arh'yha and Jana decided to go over to her house to so work before we all went to rhw Ball house later. After talking to the girls, it seems like they all met someone from that big baller team. Mya had met the blonde point guard, LaMelo, Mia met the darkskin boy, Eli, Arh'yha had spent some more time with Andre, Jaeda met the really tall boy named Okenya but we call him Big O, Hannah met her Lil Uzi named Phaquan, Jackie had met the rapper, Daijon, and I, of course, met their "leader", LiAngelo. The girls and I changed for tryouts and we went in our separate directions, Hannah and Mya to the soccer field and Michelle, Mia, Jackie, Jaeda, and I to the gym. In the stands, I see Eli, Daijon, O, and LiAngelo with a boy I've never seen before. As we walked in, they all waved at us. It kind of gave me a boost of confidence. We went through the tryouts and we all killed it, considering the 5 of us have played together for a long time. At the very end, the coach lined us up. "If your name is called step forward. Aaliyah, Michelle, Michaela, Isabella, Mia, Jaeda, Casey, Jackie, Kayla, and Kiley." We all moved forward. I looked at my possible teammates. I knew the 5 who were my friends but I looked closely at the others. Michaela, who I know from the basketball team, is tall and skinny, but very strong. She looks like he's very underestimated. Casey is a average height girl and she's a setter but she is very good at what she does. Kiley is a tall, lanky, blonde girl who is super strong and a spiker and she holds the school record in career kills and kills per game (this girl is real), and she also has scholar ship offers from 10 schools. Last but not least, Isabella is average height, brown,long wavy hair, and a pretty face, but I'm pretty sure that's all she is for the team because she's not that great, but she'll keep the bench warm for us. "Ok ladies welcome to the team! Now I need to name captain. I was very impressed by everyone's performance, but if you are a senior on the team step forward."
Casey, Kiley, Isabella, Mia, and I stepped forward. "Ok so we will have 2 captains. This year's are Aaliyah and Kiley!" Everyone clapped except for Isabella, who stomped off to change. After we changed I drove us 5 to the Ball house, while Hannah and Mia hitched a ride with LiAngelo, Eli, and LaMelo. We got yo the Bal house and we all just talked and laughed. Apparently all the other girls met their guys in different periods. The funniest was when Mya hit Melo in the head with a dodge ball during PE. I also met Lonzo, Melo and Gelo's other brother. I already knew who he was though...I mean who doesn't. I was talking with the group when I got a text from Amelia. Hey. I'm at Hannah's place but no one is here. Where are you guys?-Amelia
"Hey Hannah. Amelia is at your house. Can we go over?" I asked. "Yeah sure. Boys, bring swimsuits and overnight clothes then meet us over at my house I'll send Quan the address," Hannah said. "Why do we need clothes exactly?" Melo asked. "Oh because my parents are out of town and ya'll are sleeping over with us." They all nodded. I texted Amelia back. Hey sorry we were with some friends. We're on our way to Hannah's to have a sleepover/party and the boys are coming too. You can swing by my house to grab some clothes just let my parents know that we'll be at Hannah's too. -Aaliyah
We all got in the cars and drove to Hannah's. When we got there, we sent up the kitchen, sleeping area, pool area, and everything that would be need for guests. Amelia showed up and we all went and changed to bikinis. We made drinks and hung out until the boys came and we led them out back. When Lonzo walked out and he saw Amelia, he froze. "Amelia?" I watched as she turned around so quick. "Lonzo?" Everything was quiet besides the music. What problem has begun now?
********************************
😧😨😱how do Amelia and Lonzo know each other?????
I know it's short but I needed to finish this chapter so badly. I hope ya'll like it