PORK BUNS

Chapter One // Pork Buns

School days are so boring... They start way too early.... Why can't I just sleep in?

I was lost in thought as I swirled a piece of hair between my index finger and thumb.

"Hinata?"

I snapped my head over to the teacher who was glaring at me. I sigh, and drop the strand I was holding. I guess she noticed me spacing out...

I rolled my eyes at her, hoping she didn't witness it before attempting to pay attention to this boring class...

***

The bell echoed through the intercom, and around the whole school. I stood up quickly, my chair screeching on the ground as I did and ran out.

My shoes squeaked against the freshly waxed floor as I ran to my locker. I quickly gather all the essentials, before scurrying out the doors.

I was always the first one to leave since I had to make it to my brothers school in time for volleyball practice. He's finally on a real volleyball team... not that his old volleyball team from junior high was bad. They just.... well, they weren't really volleyball players.

I jogged all the way to Karasuno, which isn't located too far from my own school.

Walking into the volleyball gym is like walking into a new world. I smile grew on my face as I witnessed the freak-quick my brother and Kageyama-Senpai did.

"(YY/NNN)-CHAN!"

Shoyo spotted me mid jump, and within seconds tackled me into a hug. "Hey, Onii-Chan." I replied sweetly, wrapping my arms around Shoyo's chest.

Shoyo was quite short for his age, only standing at 5'4. And sadly, I'm an inch shorter, at 5'3.

Even though it's only an inch, it still made me aggravated.

Well you know what they say... Shorter people are closer to hell.

We pulled apart and grinned at each other. "I see you've improved your freak quick." I commented, as he grinned. "I know! Kageyama was like 'WHAM' then I was like 'BAM' and the ball... (Y/n)-Chan?"c

I walked away from him in annoyance before he could finish his sentence, as he pouted.

"(Y/n)-Chan!"

I turned in the direction of the voice to see Sensei waving me over. I hurried over to him and bowed. "Yes Sensei?"

He smiled down at me. "I was wondering,... well since you're almost always here watching our team play, I was wondering if you wanted to be a manager, alongside Kiyoko?" He asked.

"Y-you don't have to if—" he started but I cut him off. "I'D LOVE TOO!" I shouted ecstatically, everyone gazes falling on me at my sudden outburst of energy.

"I erm... " I cough awkwardly. "I mean I'd love too~!" I say more quietly, earning a laugh from Sensei.

"I might be late from time to time though... since I go to a school a little ways from here and I usually jog here..." I inform him, laughing sheepishly. He nods. "it's alright. I understand. It's just.. the team cherishes you a lot and I wanted to make you an official member!" He said enthusiastically, making me smile.

"Gee Sensei, I don't know what to say.." I scratched my head, my cheeks reddening as a grin took over my face. I bowed. "T-Thanks!"

He handed me a volleyball club jacket, as I tried my hardest not to screech in absolute excitement.