Chapter One

Turn up make it loud on your radio

We're gonna dance everywhere go

Everybody knows that's how we roll” - How We Roll, Britt Nicole

Tierney

“Dare you to record it!” says my little sister. I fix her with a glare.

“No way, darling” I reply. “Some stranger will come and kidnap me.” Torrin snorts.

“You have the worst imagination” she says. I shrug.

“At least I have one” I reply, earning myself a nice glare. I set my guitar down beside me. “There is no way I'm putting a video on youtube.”

“Please?” asks Torrin. “For me?”

“Why would I do anything for you?” I ask, only half-joking. Torrin's not a bad sister. She's just not a great one either. She narrows her eyes at me.

“I'm going to call Josh and tell him you won't do it” she threatens. I laugh.

“Josh doesn't want me kidnapped” I tell her. Josh is our older brother, and he's kind of a huge part of our family. Everybody listens to him. Torrin sighs.

“Well, you won't get kidnapped” she says. “And I did dare you.” I shrug.

“I don't mind backing out of dares” I point out.

“Wimp” she says. I ignore her and pick up my guitar again. “If you won't record it, or perform anywhere, what's the point of being a singer?”

“Fun” I reply, test-strumming to make sure it's in tune. I play the four chords to the song 'What Makes You Beautiful' by One Direction.

“I'm recording you” says Torrin, smiling deviously. She is indeed holding her mobile out, and the red light is on.

“Then I'm not playing” I say, but I don't put the guitar down. Torrin's been bugging me for days, trying to get me to put a song on youtube. I haven't been able to practise in ages. Because every time I pick up the guitar, I swear she can hear it, and she comes in with a camera or her mobile to film it.

“I know you'll give in eventually” she says, keeping the mobile recording. I stick my tongue out at her. “Please?” she asks.

“Nope” I reply, but I don't sound sure to myself, much less to her.

“You haven't practised in days . . .” she taunts. I sigh.

“It's illegal to put someone's image on the internet without their consent” I say.

“I will find a way to get your consent” she says, grinning deviously again.