Benny and the Bobblehead Blonde

-Nobody's P.O.V- 

It was the second to the last day of school for Scotty, Natalie, and the Sandlot boys. There was nothing to learn so all classes had the whole day to stay outside and socialize. Of course, the sandlot boys were playing baseball with their new member Smalls. Natalie was hanging with Wendy Peffercorn and the small group that they have created together. The girls were sitting under a shady tree right next to the guys. Wendy and the girls were in a deep conversation about who they were going to ask out to the dance. Natalie was too busy staring at Benny as he ran another home run. Natalie sighed in awe, wishing more than anything that he would ask her to the dance. Natalie quickly snapped out of her thoughts when Wendy started calling her name. "Yes?" Natalie said giving attention to her best friend. "I said.. who are you gonna take to the dance?" Natalie thought for a moment and shrugged "I'm not really sure. I was kinda hoping that Benny would ask me." She said while tucking a loose piece of her hair behind a hear. She heard a snicker in the back and turned around, it was and her 'gang.'

"You actually thought, you, had a chance with Benny?" She looked at Natalie and laughed. "You may have taken the position of beauty, away from me at this school, but there are some things which you can't take. Example: Benny. He's mine, back off.. i'm warning you." Sandy said while glaring at her. Natalie raised her eyebrows as Sandy and her group walked to the other side of the field to where Benny and the Sandlot guys were. Natalie sighed and looked at Wendy. "I guess I won't have a date to the dance." She said while getting up and walking away.

The school day was almost over, Benny and the boys were sitting on the sidelines talking about the dance also, which is unusual because they always thought dances were gross. "Hey Benny man, who are ya' takin' to the dance." Squints asked while pushing his glasses up. "I'm not really sure man.. I was thinking about asking... Sandy!" The boys looked at him as if he was crazy, next thing you know the blonde was sitting right next to Benny separating him from the guys. "Hey Benny." Sandy said while twirling one of her blonde locks between her finger. Benny smiled at her while the boys gave her a disgusted face, except for Scotty. "Who's that?" Scotty politely asked. The boys, except for Benny because he was too caught up talking with Sandy, stood up and took Scotty to the side. "So who is she?" Scotty asked.

"She is the meanest teenage girl ever!" Scotty said while over exaggerating. "Yeah Yeah, mean AND evil." Yeah Yeah added on.
"But she looks so nice and shes real pretty too." Scotty said while taking a look at her. Bertram quickly covered Scotty's eyes. "Don't look at her, rumor has it, Jimmy Stoner stared at her for too long... and she consumed his soul.." Ham said. Scotty shook his head. "That can't be true, if that is then how is Benny surviving it without his soul being taken away." "Its because she has the hots for Benny." Timmy said. "She has the hots for Benny." Tommy repeated.

The boys looked to see Benny and Sandy laughing and giggling. "Oh no no no. What is happening?!" Squints said while shaking his head. "Whats happen-" Scotty started but was cut off by a series of shhh's. The boys could not hear what Benny or Sandy was saying, but they finally added everything up when Sandy gave him a great big hug and a kiss on his cheek and walked away with a satisfied face. The boys all ran up to Benny asking what did he just do. Benny shrugged and grabbed his bat. "I did nothing. I just asked Sandy to the dance." He said like it was no big deal. Benny knew the boys hated Sandy. "Why her man?" "Yeah Yeah, why not somebody, I don't know, somebody who we can actually tolerate?"
"Guys calm down, I just asked her to go to the dance, not like a marriage proposal." Benny said while standing up. Some of the eighth grade girls passed by the boys, specifically Benny and said a unison of hi's. Benny gladly smiled back and waved at them, making them giggle and smile. "Why didn't you just ask one of them?" Ham asked. Benny was getting annoyed and snapped "Alright! Wanna know why I asked Sany?! I told her who I was planning on going to the dance with and she just told me their going with somebody else. I had nobody and Sandy had nobody so I just asked her. She's not that bad once you get to actually talk to her and maybe I do like her but thats none of your guy's business'. Happy you blockheads?" Benny said while straightening up and walking away, leaving the sandlot boys quiet.