The Dance Part 1

-The next day-

*Nobody's P.O.V*

It was the last day of school and the day of the dance. Instead of coming to school in the morning, they came at night to celebrate summer the next day. The boys and Natalie were all going to meet up at the sandlot and walk down to the school together. Natalie was adding some final touches to her outfit while Scotty was telling her to hurry up from downstairs because he didn't want to be late. Natalie rolled her eyes and put on her favorite red lipstick, taking one last look in the mirror, and putting on her white sneakers, then rushed downstairs to meet up with Scotty.

"Come on! They're probably already there!" Scotty said while he was halfway out the door. "Oh shut up and stop being dramatic." Natalie said while following him. "Bye mom!" They both said at once, rushing out the door. The two were running down the street, trying their best to not get sweaty.

Halfway towards the sandlot they slowed down once they saw Yeah-Yeah and Bertram. "Hey Smalls hey..." Bertram looked at Natalie for a moment with wide eyes. "H-h-hey Natalie. Y-you look nice." Bertram stuttered. Natalie raised her eyebrows and smiled. "Ha. thanks." she said while blushing. "Yeah Yeah, you look more smoking than Wendy Peffercorn!" Yeah Yeah added in. Natalie widened her eyes at him and Smalls slapped him "Dude thats my sister!"

"Where are they? They were supposed to be here five minutes ago!" Benny said while pacing back and forth. "Lets just go to the dance already, we can just meet up with them there." Sandy said while touching his shoulder. Right then Smalls, Yeah Yeah, Bertram, and Natalie came into sight. Natalie was on top of Bertram as he was giving her a piggy back ride. Benny stood there staring at Natalie in awe as she looked beautiful in the distance. Sandy stood by Benny and looked up at him, seeing he was looking at Natalie she scoffed and glared at her. The rest of the boys stood up as the four came closer. Natalie hopped down from Bertrams back laughing along with the other three. "Where were you guys, you were supposed to be here 10 minutes ago." Benny said while glancing at Natalie then looking at Bertram. "Calm down man, why are you so eager to go to the dance?" Bertram asked while furrowing his eyebrows. Sandy stepped in to answer for him "Because he's going with ME." She said glaring at Natalie.

Natalie took a step back while all the boys were rolling their eyes, except for Benny. "Whatever, lets just go." Benny said while taking Sandy's hand and stomping away. Everybody else followed them, most of the boys mimicking what Sandy said "Because he's going with me. blah blah." Bertram looked down at Natalie and whispered in her ear. "He doesn't know that you like him?" Natalie shrugged. "I'm not sure, we haven't really talked alone." Bertram nodded and caught up with the rest of the guys as Yeah Yeah took his place. "Hey Natalie." He said while looking up at her. "Oh, hey Yeah Yeah. What's up?" Natalie said while looking down at the sidewalk. "I know it's kind of last minute but I was wondering if you wanna go to the dance with me. I mean like we're going to the dance and all but if you wanna go with.. me?" Natalie laughed a bit and nodded "Sure."
"Yeah Yeah, sweet. See you inside." He said while running to catch up with the rest of the boys inside. Natalie laughed and shook her head, then someone grabbed her shoulder. She yelped at the touch and turned around to see Wendy. "Oh my gosh you scared me!" Natalie said while putting her hands over her chest. Wendy laughed and smiled. "Ha ha, scaredy cat. Hey, is it weird when a boy a few years younger asks you to go to the dance?" She said while walking towards the cafeteria. "Umm, i'm not sure. Why? Who asked!?" Natalie said following. "Your weird friend with the glasses, the short one?" "Ohh. Wait Squints asked you! Did you said yes?!" Natalie said while jumping on top of Wendy. "What! Ew no! Him and his friend are little perverts! Oh and by the way, what is with that thing on your head?" She said flicking the flower crown. "Wait. What do they do? And it's called a flower crown, i made it." Natalie said while taking it off and putting it back on. Both of the girls entered the cafeteria where the dance was being held and instantly they couldn't hear each other. Everyone was talking and the music was blasting. People were dancing or at the snack table. "I'll tell you later!" Wendy said while trying to yell over the music. Natalie nodded and went over to the snack table along the wall. She grabbed a cup of fruit punch and right when she turned around her drink splashed all over herself. She gasped and looked up and saw Sandy and her girls smirking. "Oops. My bad." Sandy said while laughing with her friends and walking away. Natalie scoffed and saw the Sandlot boys, except Benny, staring at her with their mouths wide open. "OH NO SHE DIDN'T!" Squints said yelling and trying to take a charge at Sandy, but the boys had to hold him back. All Natalie was thinking at the moment was "Where's Benny?"