The Dance Part 2

-Nobody's P.O.V-
Everybody in the cafeteria stopped to look at Squints yelling and screaming. Then they saw a soaking wet Natalie and they burst out laughing. Natalie was blinking the tears away as she quickly ran to the bathroom. Everybody stopped laughing and continued doing what they were doing before. Sandy and her friends were all high fiving eachother when Benny approached. "Here's your jacket Sandy. What are you guys laughing at?" He said while smiling. The girls laughed started laughing again. Benny raised his eyebrow in confusion. Then one girl named Paige spoke up "Sandy spilled punch on that girl Natalie." The girls continued laughing but Benny had a disgusted face on. "You guys are pathetic." He said while turning the other way and walking off. "Benny! Where do you think you're going!?" Sandy said while chasing after him and grabbing his shoulder. "I'm gonna go by my friends. The ones who told me not to go to the dance with you." He said while shrugging her hand off. Sandy stood their surprised at what he said "Whatever Benny! You'll be crawling back to me soon enough!" She said while storming off.

Benny walked over to the rest of the guys who were near the girls bathrooms. "Hey." He said awkwardly. The boys turned to look at him then turned back around. Obviously not caring at what he was going to say. "Hey listen, I'm sorry and I should've listened to you guys about Sandy A'ight?" Benny asked. Ham turned around and spoke up "Yeah well you bes' go talk to Natalie. Thanks to that stupid blonde bimbo Natalie's been in there for 10 minutes!" Benny nodded. "Fine fine I'll go talk to her." He said while walking up to the bathroom door.

"How you gonna talk to her if she won't even talk to us?" Squints asked. Benny thought for a moment. "Just keep everyone out of here until I come out. A'ight?" and with that, Benny quickly pushed past the boys and went into the girls bathroom. The boys gasped at what he had just done, because he could get into some real big trouble.

Natalie was sitting on the bathroom floor next to the sink, viciously trying to get the red punch stain off her dress with cheap soap and paper towels. It didn't work as successful as she was hoping for but the bright red turned into a soft pink. She stood up from her spot and was lightly wiping away her tear stairs. She quickly turned around when she heard the bathroom door squeak open. "What are you doing in here?!" She asked, shocked that Benny was there. "I just wanted to apologize for what Sandy did." He said while walking closer to her. "For embarrassing me in front of most of the school? Yeah thanks but I think that i'm gonna need a little more than just a 'sorry'." Natalie said while walking past him and throwing all the used paper towels away. "Wait." Benny said while grabbing onto her arm. Natalie looked at him confused while he was taking his jacket off. "Oh my god Benny if you're gonna strip please let me leave." She said quickly turning around. "What? Oh my god no. Here just.. wear my jacket, it'll cover up the pink stain." He said while going behind her and slipping the leather on.

"Oh. Thank you." She said while adjusting it a little once it was on. "So what do you say, friends again?" Benny asked while holding his hand out. Natalie looked at him and playfully punched his shoulder "When did we ever stop becoming friends?" She asked while smiling, which caused him to smile also. Benny walked up to the bathroom door and opened it like a gentleman. "M'lady?" Natalie laughed and shook her head. "You're such a dork." She said while smiling and walking out, immediately being greeted with hugs from the boy. "Are you ok!?" "Do I need to kick some blonde girl booty?" "Are you injured?! How many fingers am I holding up." The boy's asked talking all at once, asking over dramatic questions. "Guys! I'm fine. Chill out and lets go dance!" The boys cheered and they all boogied the night away.

The last song of the night was a slow song. Squints bravely asked Wendy Peffercorn, which she sadly denied. The boys were all sitting on the sides, well except Benny and Yeah-Yeah. Natalie was dancing with Yeah Yeah, which was much fun and for Benny, bunches of girls asked for a dance from him. He chose one at random and during the whole song, he couldn't stop looking at how beautiful Natalie was. Right then and there he wanted to make her his girl. Nobody else's. But he had to wait, wait for the right moment.

After the dance, the group all walked back home together. Scotty practically passed out to Natalie had to piggy back him the rest of the way home with Benny. "You sure you don't need a hand with him?" Benny asked, seeing the struggling look on her face. "Oh, me? Need help? Psh no." She said while lightly huffing. When they got to their houses, Benny took a couple minutes out of his time to walk Natalie (and Smalls) to the door. "I had a fun time tonight, since you were here." Benny said while smiling. Natalie looked up at him and blushed a light pink. Before you knew it, Benny was leaning in and so was Natalie. Right before their lips met each other, they both heard a loud thump. Which made them pull back instantly. Natalie widened her eyes as Scotty was on the floor waking up. "W-what happened." He asked while looking around. "You ruined my shot at having a kiss." Benny muttered while shaking his head.