First Day Of School.

Mrs. Smalls dropped Scott and Natalie off at the school. Natalie and Scotty waved goodbye to their mother as she drove off. Natalie looked at the schedule in her hand. "This is gonna be torture." She said while sighing. All Scott had to do was go to M building to where 5th graders and below classes were held, since they stay in the same spot for basically the whole day. Natalie looked down at her schedule which said her homeroom was G-06. The bell rung and all the students started walking down the halls to wherever they had to go. By the time she found her class the tardy bell rung five minutes before. As soon as she walked into the class everyone was looking at her. She felt nervous under their stares and she started walking towards the teacher, Mr. Dell. "Well students, this is Natalie. She will be joing us for the rest of the year. Natalie why don't you take the empty seat next to Benjamin." Mr. Dell said pointing to the boy who had his feet up on the table and was laughing with his 4 friends around him. Natalie noticed that he was the guy who lived across the street from her. Natalie quickly sat down trying to not make eye contact with the cute boy. She sat in her seat and started daydreaming for the rest of the class period.

Natalie was walking around school with her schedule in one hand, map of the school in the other. She could hear girls whispering as she walked by. It was lunch and so far she had made no friends at all. She brought out a small apple she had been carrying with her books all day and examined the lunch room. One table in particular caught her eye, it was about 8 guys throwing paper balls at eachother.  She was staring at them, eventually, one of them noticed her, then all of them. She got nervous and left the lunch room, accidentally bumping into someone, making their books and papers fly everywhere. "Oh my gosh I'm so sorry!" Natalie said while going on her knees and picking everything up. She handed them back to the girl. "Oh don't worry about it. Hey are you new here? I haven't seen you around here before." The blonde girl said. "Oh yeah, today's my first day. Um, I'm Natalie Smalls." Natalie said while sticking her hand out waiting for a shake. "My names Wendy. Wendy Peffercorn." She said while shaking her hand. "Well it's nice meeting you Wendy." Natalie smiled. "Nice meeting you too Natalie. Hey, maybe sometime we can hang out or something." Wendy said while smiling. "Yeah, sure I'd love that. Well see you around." Natalie said while walking away.

Natalie spent the rest of her lunch doing some homework under a shady tree while the same boys from the lunch room were playing baseball. All the girls were cheering on Benny. "Wow." Natalie thought to herself. "This guy is seriosly everywhere." The homework she had wasn't very hard so she finished right before the bell rung. She had free period next, which luckily was the last period of the day. She got up from her spot and started walking to the library, hearing whispers from other girls. "Who is she?" "Look at what she's wearing, it's so.. so formal." "Rumor has it she's never been to a public place before." "I heard the cheerleaders say someone cut off her tongue so she can't speak." The bell rung right after Natalie entered the library. She took her seat, in the back table of the room. The librarian was calling off names one by one, which Natalie wasn't even paying attention to. "Smalls, Natalie?" "Smalls?" Natalie woke up from her day dreaming and shot her hand up.

"Nice to know you're laying attention Ms. Smalls." The librarian said, continuing with names.

Natalie rolled her eyes. Then she noticed that Benny and the guys from the cafeteria and baseball field on the table next to her. Well, 4/8 of them. 

Right as the students were excused to go on the computer, check out a book, or do homework, Natalie quickly took all her stuff into the corner of the library where nobody was and that's where she stayed for the rest of the period.

Wendy saw Natalie exit the library and quickly caught up with her. "Hey Natalie." She said while smiling. "Oh hey Wendy." Natalie said while looking up from her books. Right then the 8 boys started wolf whistling. "Hey Wendy." They all started shouting. Natalie and Wendy looked back to see the boys waving, Wendy just scoffed and Natalie quickly turned around. "Who are those guys?" Natalie asked, walking out the school with Wendy. "Just some meatheads. Hey, I gotta go, see you tomorrow?" Wendy asked. Natalie nodded, "yeah, see you tomorrow." Right on time, Natalie's mother came up to her with the car and Natalie quickly got in. "So how was your first day of school?" She asked Natalie and Scotty. "Alright." They both said in sync. "Did you make any friends?" Scotty was quiet. "Well I think I made a friend." Natalie said. "Well that's great! And Scotty, don't worry, it's only your first day."