punishment

Paul's p.o.v

I chewed the inside of my cheek while I rested my head and hands on the handle of my mop. It was dinnertime but Pat and I would have to wait a few hours before we could grab some food... Tord had us clean the entire rec center, including but not limited to waxing the entire gym floor.

I often wonder how the leader board managed to pull up enough money without getting caught to pay for this base.. it's actually a wonderful place to live, it's extremely similar to an American home military base. I just wish what we did was as endearing as this base.. don't get me wrong, I love Tord but.. his intentions are absolutely disgusting and no where near moral. I'd never dare let anyone in on what I truly think about the red army. Never.

Pat and I had finally narrowed the cleaning down to the waxing the gym. Thank God.. this place is full of man sweat. Egh.

Now back to me, half asleep leaning on a mop stick waiting for Pat to get out of closet. Uhh.. the mop closet that is... eh heh.

I didn't notice Pat until he shoved the wax bucket into my calve, startling me and causing my mop's handle to slam onto the floor.

He teased, resting his elbow on his own mopstick and leaning into me.
"Ya know for an elite soldier like you, you sure are jumpy, hmm Paul?" Saying my name like I was a young water boy.

Why am I all jittery.. why is he making me All nERvouS?!

"Ah hah.. let's get to work.. we don't have all day Pat. Let's start in opposite  directions so we cover more grou-"

"You're blushing paul."

I ran my fingers through my hair and looked down. "I am? Oops." Damn it Pat now I'm just more flustered.

Pat's p.o.v

I have never been more fascinated by a man before. He was at the top of his league, yet it was like nothing changed him. He hadn't been hardened by military work, in fact, he had been softened.

Every part of me wanted to flirt with the guy but something held me back. I tried to blame it on nerves, but I think it was actually fear. I don't know how this base feels about people like me, people who don't fit in the whole heterosexual box. I've only been here for a day or so, and I'm already afraid I won't meet the expectations of this place. Of Tord. Of... Paul.

Oops.. I spaced out. Shaking my head I brought myself away from my worries and back to the gym. "Opposite sides you say? Good idea." Grabbing his shoulder and smiling at him before I skidded across the gym to the opposing wall with my mop and wax bucket, leaving Paul with his own.

•••

"PAT"

"Yeah?"

"LOOK"

Glancing up from my work I saw Paul skate over to me on the slippery floor.

"Niiiice" I held out my arm for him to grab onto to prevent falling. He grabbed my other arm as well.

Or eyes met, both containing the same question: "can you dance?"