Epilogue

Life is full of meaning. But mostly irony.

    It's ironic that all this started and ended the same-I'm alone, friendless and left with nothing but my rucksack.

    It's ironic that Camp Haven II looks exactly like the original. Even the seats in the cafeteria are placed in the same pattern.

    It's ironic that a creature as pure as light on a warm summer morning has its hands covered in so much blood.

    Benjamin Thomas Parish is a killer. He killed 90% of recruits and officers by setting the bombs. One of his preys is my old squad leader and friend, Xander or Slingshot.

    When I was blaming Flintstone for not being present in the morning of Xander's murder, I forgot one crucial piece of information-Ben wasn't at the table, either. His motives for killing Xander are still unclear.

    The continuation of Xander's suicide note is fake. The officers, after seeing how I felt towards Ben, concluded a small edit of my memories wouldn't do any harm.

    Ben is Dorothy. And he's been like that for a while now. There are a few theories that when he was with me he was being 'healed.' Not enough, obviously.

    He's gone.

    It's ironic that Ben lost me in order to become Sergeant. And I in return lost him and was promoted Sergeant. Well, I gave up more than just Ben. My wounds are healing. But not the ones on my right hand.

    I underwent surgery so the infection doesn't spread to my whole body. It cost me my hand.

    It's ironic that I would once have died for love -Ben's love- and now I have to let Ben die to save myself from his love.

    And that's my next mission. I must kill Ben Parish.