V ✥ Wounded Enemy

✥✥✥

A little blood killed nobody.

Several weeks passed after the whole punched-in-the-face incident and life was going pretty smooth. I didn't have to worry about any videos about me leaking. (no one really gave a shit, as stated by Fionna.) My classes were simple solely because all my classmates were below average in smarts including Fionna's. Don't tell her I said this! My uncle hadn't shown up at all and he was supposed to last week. I haven't gotten any emails or messages from peppermint either and to make things worse, I have to go grocery shopping soon. Ugh.

As promised, Fionna's did visit me, every other day rather than every day like she'd wanted, her sister not giving her permission to do so, but either way, I was very much pleased. We'd talk, play games, hang out, go for long walks, and even get Flame to join occasionally but he didn't quite enjoy the hang outs like Fionna and I were. Regardless, everything was going well and I have no complaints.

Something that's been bothering me a lot is that I also haven't seen Marshall ever since. I know he was suspended or something but, I'm sure it wasn't for almost a month. Don't get me wrong, I want him to stay as far away from me as possible (regardless of having a God-like-complexion I always want near me) it's just that I feel like he'll pop up out of nowhere at any time and beat me up again, y'know? Like a ticking time-bomb that doesn't display the time. Just ticking away and no one knows when it'll blow up.

My usual anxiety riddled self-was now packing my bag to leave school, debating whether I should even bring my books since I already know what I'm doing. In the end, I stuffed them in my bag anyway, it's better to do this boring and tedious work than sitting around and loathe in self-hate. Like usual.

With the soft click of my lock closing and my bag swung on to my shoulders, I was just about ready to catch my bus home when a strong hand slapped my back, both startling me and nearly knocking me down but thankfully I didn't fall. With a slight turn of my head, I could clearly see the fairly tanned skin of none other than Philip, whom, oddly, held a very scary demeanour. "Hey, buddy!" He spoke in a rather fake excited tone as he moved to my side, his arm now slung over my shoulder. Two other people who seemed to be just as built as Flame were on either side of him, nudging Phillip to start walking but I was hesitant. I know he's Fionna's boyfriend and we've hung out a couple of times but he really hasn't liked me. "We'll drop you off home today!"

The two teens beside us nodded, verbally agreeing to whatever Flame had said whether they knew what was happening or not. "No... N-no, it's ok. Really... I'm fine going on the bus." I hesitantly tried to slip out of his grip, growing quite anxious from how sudden this all was and how uncalled for it was. The guy on my left side (Phillip on my right) placed a hand on my back and pushed me forward anyway, forcing me to start walking and try as I might, I couldn't stop myself from going wherever it was they were taking me.

"Don't be like this, Bubs." Flames grip on my shoulder tightened and a touch of anger in his voice. "Just come along with us quietly and nothing will go wrong, ok?" His words weren't really reassuring and I'm really starting to get scared now. They turned around the corner along with me, just a few feet away from the exit when we were stopped by a familiar voice.