IV ✥ Guest

✥✥✥

This was unnecessary.

Fionna, Flame, and I sat in the school nurses' office, all of us having mixed emotions about the whole ordeal. Fionna stood by me, both annoyed and beyond angry at what I can only presume to be Marshall (her eyes not once leaving Flame, eyeing his actions) Flame sat on the couch with his legs across the entirety of its' seats, his hands clicking away at his phone as he looked angry too but not as much since his attention was divided and as for me, I was a mess. I always am but in this moment, it was a little more evident. I picked at the skin around my nails subconsciously, peeling old scabs and making new wounds as I tried making myself comfortable in the very unpleasant resting bed. Fionna noticed the redness of my fingers and quickly smacked my hands away from one another, startling me, to say the least. "What are you doing?!" Both Flame and I looked over at Fionna, eyes wide. I stumbled on my words in an attempt to answer but nothing came out, further frustrating me. Fionna only sighed, shaking her head softly before speaking once again but not with me. "Babe, I need a Band-Aid..."

Flame nodded before shutting his phone off and putting it into his pocket, replacing it with his wallet which was now in his hand. "I don't think his cheek needs a Band-Aid, Fionna." Fionna rolled her eyes and grabbed on to my hand before show casing it to the other who just gave a soft "Oh..." and took out a bandage that looked like either an "I" or "H", giving it to Fionna. She wrapped the Band-Aid on to one of my fingers before being given another for the next finger.

Eventually, all the tips of my fingers were covered with the bandage, ensuring my wounds would heal clean. I didn't ask why he had bandages in his wallet, only presuming that Fionna got hurt a lot from all the sports she played and Flame had spares for her (Fionna already had two bandages on her right knee and a bandage on her bottom left jaw, half of it on her face.) They're cute together. Flame went back to his sofa and Fionna followed pursuit, sitting on to the second seat before Flame could put his feet on it and stuck her tongue out at the other before asking a simple question. "Where's Marshall...?"

"He's at the office. I was texting him a few minutes ago, he said he's going to come here after but I highly doubt that... Apparently, he's in trouble but not for punching your friend over here. It's a little more serious than that." He leaned on to Fionna, cuddling into her side as he let out a heavy sigh. "I don't know what I'm going to do with him..."

Fionna gave a little pat on his head. "Tell him he's going to get a beating from me once he comes back for punching Barnaby and for whatever else he's in trouble for." It was said in a joking tone but for some reason, it seemed like she meant it.

"There's really no need for all this..." I sighed, sliding off of the infirmary bed. "I was only punched. It's not a big deal... This is so stupid..." I ran a hand a through my hair as I turned to the two lovebirds on the couch. "You guys have fun."

"Most certainly not." Flame spoke up. "We get to skip class without getting in trouble so just chiiiiill. ~ And I will have fun, thank you very much." This guy's really not helping. Fionna lightly punched flame in the arm to which he just laughed. Flame went back to clicking away on his phone afterwards, writing a sentence or so before putting his phone away and interlocking his hand with Fionna, earning a big smile from the blond in return, her cheeks a nice rosy colour.

"I don't think you understand my circumstances here..." my voice was weary, never really being the type to speak with any sort of confidence, whether I'm correct or not. "It's my first day of school. I joined in the middle of the year. I got punched in the face. I'm not even in pain anymore." To an extent. "And I'm probably the entire schools' hot topic right now... Great... I just. I just need to go back to class..." A few math equations will stop me from breaking down over the fact that everyone's laughing at me. I don't want any panic attacks on the first day of school, please, I almost had one this morning and I don't want another.