VI ✥ A Little More About Us

✥✥✥

It's not easy for anyone.

Dainty hands clutched at the cellular device, violet eyes gaping at the screen with both fear and confusion. Lennon had texted; concerned where his nephew was and all in all, just wanted him home safely. Nothing wrong with that but the small text on the screen had Gumball chilled to the bone.

The nerd had countless fears. Lennon was several of them.

Swallowing the ball of needles stuck in his throat, Gumball unlocked his phone and replied to the texts as vaguely as possible, enough to buy him time to get home and not get in further trouble.

'I'm tutoring a fellow student. She lives far away so I'll be a little late.'

He wasn't lying, well, at least not completely. Fionna's house was rather far away and seeing as though Lennon would never believe the fact that Barnaby could get friends, a fellow student was the best choice of words. After receiving an 'ok' from his uncle, he turned off his phone and put it back into its original spot before realizing the other two beings around him were staring holes into him. He tried to muster up a question to ask (or a response) but the more he thought about it, the more he realized he'd have to explain his fear. Explain why his uncle had caused internal panic and that was something he was not willing to do. So, instead, he simply stood up, swallowing another ball of needles before walking over to Fionna, two pairs of curious eyes glued to his movement.

Fionna had stopped her walk to the kitchen midway once she heard her self-proclaimed best friend curse. Over the few weeks she'd really gotten close to the latter and had learnt a few things about the nerd; he's super smart, loves to bake, has unclassified issues with almost every one of his family member and why he switched schools (all of which she pried out of Gumball). Fionna was a pure soul though, she vowed she wouldn't share the information told to her to anyone and she meant to keep it. And the fact that she could remember things very well only reinforced the vow.

"I um... I need to go..." Gumball held onto his arm as he avoided eye contact, gazing at the floor to try and keep his mind from drifting to the future and concluding his fate before it had happened. "I'll see you at school then..."

Fionna briefly glanced over to Marshall, seeing if he felt the same about the situation but ended up disappointed; Marshall didn't actually care what so ever, he had already moved on and started watching tv and seemingly uninterested. Well, that's what Fionna thought. Lee was paying attention though; his ears were catching whatever the other two were saying regardless of his eyes piercing at the screen before him. "Let me finish making this sandwich and then you can go-..." Fionna spoke up but was cut off shortly to her dismay.

"No, no... It's ok." It wasn't like Gumball was going to eat the food anyways, might as well not waste Fionna's efforts.

"Fine. Go home and eat. I'll call cake and she can drop you off then..." Gumball had still yet to meet the others' sister. He knew how she looked; short, dark chocolate-y skin, tight curly hair, and a curvy build (nothing like Fionna in complexion but similar in personality, or so he was told.) Fionna was quite unnerved to call her sister, having not seen her herself for a while, Cake only really came out of her room to eat and nothing more (and even that was when Fionna was busy, otherwise her food would come to her.) "Actually, I'll just take you, Cake hasn't been feeling the best..." Fionna spoke softly, grasping onto one of her fingers and twirling it a bit, obviously uncomfortable but not about taking Gumball to his home, though.

Barnaby felt like quite a burden at the moment and he didn't know what he should really do. It wasn't like he hadn't walked home before, yes, it was always with someone but what's the problem with going alone? "It's ok Fionna, I can just walk home. I need some exercise anyways." A fake smile plastered onto his lips as he tried his best to not worry the blonde but ended up getting a glared at by piercing blue eyes.