Lost (And a little scared)

Laf Pov

Lafayette stared at the paper he had been given. On it was his dorm (Liberty),  room number (1774) and roommate (John Laurens). He looked around, hopelessly lost. You would think about three tours of the campus and a map would have helped, but no, here he was, walking around at random. He spotted a person sitting on a bench and thought, Finally! Some help! He approached the person, who had short close-cropped black hair and brown eyes. He appeared tall, even sitting, and had skin the color of chocolate. He looked up at Laf, who hurriedly asked for help. "Bonjour! Je m'appelle Marquis de Lafayette, but you can just call me Lafayette." He then mentally facepalmed upon realizing half of that was in French. "I can't find my dorm. do you think you could help?"

"Uh, hi. I'm Hercules Mulligan. Here, let me see your paper."

Laf handed him the paper, noticing that despite his rather large hands, he handled it surprisingly delicately. "Hey! you have the dorm right next to mine! Alex was supposed to room with Laurens, but I think they're working it out now. I can walk you to the dorm if you'd like."

"Oui, s'il vous plait!" (yes, please!)

This time, Laf actually facepalmed. "Yes, please." Hercules laughed. "Sure."

Lafayette didn't know why, but Hercules laughing made him turn a slight shade of pink.

This was gonna be one interesting year.