The Walk

Herc POV

Laf and I walked back to the dorm, and he told me a little about himself. He came from France about a year ago, and lived with a cousin. He applied to Kings, got in, and here he was. not much else to speak of. after a minute or two of silence, he suddenly spoke up.

"So, um, what's your major?"

I grinned. "Fashion design, with a minor in international affairs." He seemed taken aback.

"But those are two completely different worlds, are they not?"

"Well, I really want to be a fashion designer, but if that doesn't work out, I want to be a spy."

Laf laughed. "What about you?"

"Je ne sais quoi."

um, what?

Lafayette turned away from me. "Sorry, that means I don't know what. I switch to french when-" And stopped for a second before continuing. "When I get comfortable with someone," he said, turning to me and smiling. I didn't know if it what gave it away, but I could tell he wasn't being honest. I just smiled and said, "No, it's alright. It's-" and then stopped myself. shit, I thought, he's not cute. at least, not that cuteI can't say stuff like that. I finished, "It's kinda funny." I breathed a quiet sigh of relief as Laf smiled and blushed a little. "Well, here we are at the dorm. I guess I'll walk you to your dorm, so I can introduce you to Alex and Laurens." 

Truth be told, I wanted to talk with Laf more as well. He seemed like a pretty great guy. I couldn't wait to know him better.