How to make purified water

When the water you're hoping to drink might be riddled with parasites or bacteria particles, you can't afford to skimp on water purification.

1. Fill a pot with water.
2. Bring the water to a rolling boil.
3. Remove the pot from the heat.
4. Let the water sit and settle.

1. Place the water you wish to purify into a pot. Place the pot on the stove and turn the stove on to high. When water boils, any bacteria that may have been living in it will be killed, thus reducing your chance of getting sick when you drink the water.

2.
Bring the water to a rolling boil. When bubbles begin to appear, it means that the water is starting to boil, but continue heating until the water goes into a hard, rolling boil, then start timing. Continue to boil the water for 5-10 minutes plus 1 minute for every 300m above sea level, up to around 5500m where boiling becomes ineffective, to have the most effect upon any bacteria and other micro-organisms.

3.
Remove the pot from the heat. Use caution when handling the pot and water as they are, as you may have guessed, very hot.

4.
Let the water sit and settle. You do not need to do this if you are boiling water that came from a tap and you feel sure that there are no solid items, minerals, or metals in the water. If you let the water settle, any dense items in the water will sink to the bottom naturally, allowing you to drink the pure water from the top.

- cosmic 🌟