Chapter four

Vanessa's pov:

I sat in the front seat of his car. Patiently waiting for him to return.

Currently I was seated in the shotgun seat of Grayson's car. My injured foot rested on the dashboard.

We were parked in the parking lot of the Star Wars after party venue, and Grayson decided to take me home.

Although my sister and I told him several times that we could manage. He insisted.

He told Veronica to stay and enjoy the after party with Ethan, and later she can ride Ethan and herself to my house.

In this moment, Grayson went to Roni to receive the house keys, which she possessed.

The engine was on in the car, and it only took me a few minutes to turn the radio on. Loud music burst through the speakers, murdering my innocent ears.

It took me a while to reach for the volume knob, and when I decreased the sound, my ears began ringing.

Why do boys have to have their music at eardrum busting levels.

Soon, Grayson opened the driver side door and sat himself down.

"Ready to go?" He wondered aloud.

I nodded my head, waiting for him to start the car.

He did just that, and began driving out of the parking lot.

After a few silent seconds, he spoke.

"What was your address again? I might need you to fill it into the gps." Grayson questioned.

"Oh yeah.... Sorry, of course I'll just type it in on the gps." I stuttered.

*****

As soon as Grayson pulled up to my driveway, my phone began singing. I reached for it quickly and when it reached the third ring I answered the call.

"Hello?" I question into the phone.

"Hey Nessa, it's Roni. Is it fine if Ethan and I go out for ice cream before we return home?" Veronica asked from the other side of the line.

"As long as you get me ice cream." I reply, as Grayson looks over at me from his seat, a small smile playing his lips.

"Deal." Roni replies before hanging up.

Grayson opens his mouth to comment, but seals them instead.

Once the car is fully parked, Grayson gets out of the car and walks the distance to my side of the vehicle.

However, before he can open the door, I lock the door, and giggle as he pulls on the door handle.

After a few seconds of him trying, he pulls out his car keys from his left pocket and unlocks the car.

"Haha. So funny." He fakes.

Without warning, Grayson takes me in his strong arms. My body taken by a sudden shock, I mistakingly kick my good leg to his face.

"Well, at least you got your revenge." Grayson laughs as he rubs his left cheek.

"I'm sorry," I smile.

He nods and continues down the path to my front door. With me hanging from his arms, behaving as if I were as light as a feather.

He unlocks the door, while single handedly carrying me.

Once we are on the other side of the wooden door he asks. "Where should I place you?"

I point towards the sofa, and he directs his walking towards it.