Chapter six

-Unedited-

Veronica's pov:

By the time we arrived to the hotel, it was mid evening. The sun was dipping into the horizon far off in the distance, and all I could do was stare at it disappear from view.

Vanessa and Grayson were already out of the car and making their way towards the entrance. They were smiling at each other as they talked, and I couldn't help but think how cute they looked together.

My thoughts were quickly abolished when Ethan gently tapped my shoulder. My eyes swiftly find his, and we hold our gaze for a few seconds. However, it felt like minutes.

"You planning on spending the entire night here or..?" Ethan teases, his lips holding a smug smile.

I give him a hard glare before breaking into a smile myself.

I open the door and begin walking towards the entrance, not waiting for Ethan to do the same.

However, not long after I reach the door do I feel a hand grasp my wrist. I turn around and face Ethan, his sheepish expression proving he was hesitant.

"I can't walk in there without my date." Ethan smirks, his nervous demeanor completely vanished.

I raise my eyebrow, "and since when am I your date exactly?" I ask, hoping my voice wouldn't expose my nervousness.

"Well, since now. Veronica Merrell, will you please be my date to this party?" He asks, taking my right hand and bending down on one knee.

I slightly giggle, hoping my blush wouldn't show. "What if I say no?" I ask Ethan, teasing him.

His face suddenly flushes, his smile falling off his face. "Oh, um-"

I laugh and put my hand on his shoulder. "Just kidding,"

He smiles and gets up from his kneeling position. "Well you're my 'friend date' to this party then."

My whole body felt like it got the air kicked out of it. Of course we were going as friends. My brain was telling me that, however, my heart felt differently.

Ethan holds out his left arm and I hook mine through it. We walk over to the elevator and go up to the floor we were meant to be at. Nessa and Gray were long gone before us.

*****

When the door opening to the pent house type of floor, we walked out of the elevator and were greeted by the  smell of food.

A huge grin takes its place on my face as Ethan and I walk over to the refreshments table.

I get my hands on a chocolate covered strawberry. I put the entire strawberry in my mouth, and close my eyes in delight. After finishing the one I was eating, I reach out to grab another, but before I could I am pulled into a hug.

I shift to get a better view of the person I was hugging, and realize that it was Dom, aka Dtrix.

He leans back and smiles down at me. "Well, if it isn't my favourite half of Merrell." He jokes.

An audible gasp can be heard from behind Dom, and a jokingly offended Nessa comes to view.

"How dare you! I thought you were better than that." She whisper yells at Dom, trying to hide her smile.

Dom surrenders and throws his hand above his head. We all laugh wholeheartedly.

I then remember that Ethan was also with me, and I turn to introduce Dom with Eth, however, Ethan isn't there. He must've slipped away as I was conversing with Dom.

I glance around my surroundings, checking to see if Ethan was nearby, but he was long gone. I turn back to Dom, he was so deep in conversation with Vanessa, that he didn't notice me slip away.

I curved my way through the youtubers occupying the space. Mostly everyone was either talking or eating.

I eagerly walked into the living room, hoping to find a Dolan. Soon after my eyes land on Ethan, who was talking to a blonde who I had never seen before.

She could've been a YouTuber, but I never noticed her before. She had her hand situated on Ethan's shoulder, and she smiled flirtatiously at him. She was basically pleading for attention, which Ethan was clearly giving her.

I didn't like the feeling that began bubbling inside my stomach, I didn't know what it was but I needed water straight away. I walked quickly away from the horrid scene I had witnessed, and went straight to grab a water bottle.

Before I could take a long sip, I was pulled aside by Lilly Singh, aka SuperWomen. She was vlogging, so I waved at the camera and flashed my brightest smile.

"Oh look it's Vanessa.. I mean Veronica," Lilly laughed jokingly.

As soon as I was done talking to Lilly, I found a spot on a comfy two seating sofa. The seat beside me was soon occupied by Collins. He looked genuinely happy. I gave him a simple greeting, which he returned with his own.

I didn't know what to say, so I decided to Snapchat. I created a story of me and Collins posing in a picture. I knew right away that all the Vollins shippers would use the picture to their advantage. Which made me feel a little sad. I didn't want an assumed relationship with somebody, I wanted a real one. I had been single for a long enough time.

A throbbing pain in my forehead bolted me from my daydream, and I instantly stood up from my seated position. I didn't feel too well, my legs felt weak, and I was barely able to keep my body upstraight. I entered a bedroom, and lied face up on the bed.

My eyes slowly shut themselves, and a small dream took control. The dream was of me dancing on the dance floor with somebody. I couldn't see the face clearly, but I recognised the hair. It was Ethan who I was dancing with in my dream.

The only difference between my dream and reality was that instead of me, Ethan was dancing with some other girl.