First Day

I woke up at 5:30 to get ready for school and feed the farm. I splashed some water on my face to wake me up enough to get the coffee maker going. After starting the coffee maker I went out to get feed made. I mixed feed for my horses and took them hay, then fed my lambs. I have one showmanship lamb and one market lamb. We also have chickens, rabbits, dogs, cats, and a raccoon. I only take care of the horses, lambs, and rabbits. After feeding and checking over all the animals I went in to get dressed and drink my coffee. After getting completely ready I ran outside to hop in my best friend, Mitchell's truck. He drives me to school, he's like a brother to me and I don't know what I'd do without him. "Hey Mitch!" "Hey Cass! Your out on time today!" I was always a couple minutes late. "I took less time in my makeup." I tried to keep a straight face but we both failed and started laughing so hard we were crying. We were laughing because I don't wear makeup. "Naw I just threw my hair in a ponytail so it took less time than to straighten it." "Aw well let's get goin."
We got to school and I walked toward my first class. I was walking along when a certain cowboy caught my eye. "Well hello there Cowboy." I said wrapping my arm around his shoulders. "Hey!" He said putting his arm around my waist. "You ready for your first day at the ranch?" He asked. "Oh yea! You can pick me up and take me out there right?" "Yes definitely!" "Awesome!" "I'll walk you to class!" "Ok!"
"Bye see you after school." "Or at lunch!" "Or at lunch!" I walked into math and said hello to my twenty year old teacher, Mr. Peasha. I sat down in the front next to Sarah.
After math, history, English, and Spanish I got to meet up with my friends for lunch. We went out to the field after Mitchell grabbed a blanket out of his truck. In the group was Mitchell, Lauren, Mimi, Miranda (there's two Miranda's so one is Mimi and the other Miranda), Lauren's boyfriend Adrian, Mimi's boyfriend Joshua, Miranda's boyfriend Calum, and Mitchell's girlfriend Kalyn. Colton showed up so now there were ten people. We had more friends but they were in younger grades and didn't have the same lunch as us, or our friend who's already in college. So all in all a large variety of people and ages. Lauren, Calum, Kalyn, Miranda, Colton and I have dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. Mitchell, Adrian, and Josh have light brown hair and green eyes. {pic above}Mimi has brown slightly curly hair. All us girls are average height except Mimi who is 5'10". Josh is 6'4" and the rest of the guys are average height. Colton looked extremely sexy in his nice blue jeans and tight fitting t-shirt. "See something you like Squishy?" I gasped. "How did you learn my nickname?" I asked looking around at my eight friends all trying to keep a straight face. "Who did it?" I asked feigning seriousness. They all bust out laughing and I followed suit. Everyone was happy that I finally found a boyfriend, even though we weren't dating yet, I was the only single Pringle left for two months. Two months ago Mimi found herself Josh and I was left as a ninth wheel. But let me tell you I didn't let them forget I was there.

Lunch ended and we suffered through the last of our classes and I met Colton out front where he had his dad's truck with a horse trailer attached. "Nice rig!" I said as he helped me in. "Thanks my dad has the money for it." We laugh. "Where we goin with it?" "Your horse ever seen cattle?" "Not that I know of." "Then I'll lend you a horse. Have you ever rounded up cattle?" "I've done calf sorting and herded some rodeo steers." "Ok you'll survive. It should only take ten mins." "Ok let's go!" As we drive off school grounds I received a few dog whistles. He grabbed my hand and held it up to the creeps so they could see I'm taken.
I was given a beautiful flaxen chestnut Arab to ride. He was probably 14.3hh tall and was absolutely adorable. I saddled him up with the 14" saddle I was given and put the snaffle in his mouth. I hopped on and waited for Colt to finish. "Alright let's go Squishy!" "Ah how dare you call me that! I'm all muscle fyi! Jiggles!" "Haha call me whatever you want as long as it ends with me eventually kissing you and becoming your boyfriend I'm fine with anything." We galloped off to the cattle. Which turned out to be colts. "Wait I thought it was cattle?" "No. These are the two year olds we're training. They were givin ground manners during the weaning process then put out here to grow up and now it's saddle time." "Oh ok! Then let's round them up!" "You know we also have to name them all!" "Ok I'll start thinking." As we rounded them all up, in five mins I was thinking of a name per horse as we stuck it in the trailer. We then drove through the field to his ranch house.
"Ok I got names!" "Really for all of them?" "Yup!" "How did you manage that? There are 30 of them!" "Watch i do have a name for each." As we pulled them out I named off each one of the quarter horses.
Hopes and Dreams- sorrel chestnut mare (Hope) one of two favorites
Cherokee Whisper- sorrel paint gelding (Cherokee)
Dakota Falls- black and white paint gelding (Dakota)
Silhouette- black mare
Starry Night- black snowflake appy mare (Star)
Smokey Mountain- roaning dark grey gelding (Smoke)
Cloud Dance- chocolate palomino gelding (cloud)
Shasta Snow Tip-light grey mare (Shasta)
Brandy-dark bay mare
Midnight pearl-grulla mare (Pearl)
Dirty Dancing -bay paint mare (Dancer)
In the name is silver- Silver dun Gelding (Silver)
Ole red- red gelding
Strawberry Patch- strawberry roan mare (Patches)
Buck Wheat- buckskin paint mare
Champagne Night- champagne gelding (Poker)
Scouting for a Badge- palomino mare (Scout)
Dapples n Apples- dapple grey gelding (Dap)
Al's Bino- albino gelding (Al)
Land of Dixie- buckskin mare (Dixie)
Echo Canyon- red dun gelding (Echo)
Remington's Fire- grey paint gelding (Remi)
Gunsmoke- grulla appy (Shooter)
Promise Land- flea bitten grey mare (Promise)
Next we brought out the thoroughbred, two arabs, and two mustangs.
Freedom Runner-blonde liver chestnut gelding (Runner)
Desert rose- bay with star on nose and three white socks mare (Rosie)
Melody to my song-flaxen chestnut mare (Melody)
Noche Estrellada-blue roan mare (Estrella)
Dukes throne- red roan gelding (Duke)

 Freedom Runner-blonde liver chestnut gelding (Runner)Desert rose- bay with star on nose and three white socks mare (Rosie) Melody to my song-flaxen chestnut mare (Melody)Noche Estrellada-blue roan mare (Estrella)Dukes throne- red roan gelding (Duke)

"Well there's not much to do with these guys besides registration. Would you like to help with that?" He asked me. "Yes no problem!" "Ok after that I can drive you home or we can ride and do homework together we have all the same teachers. Just different periods." "I like the second choice!" "Sounds like a plan."

After doing homework we went riding out on a couple of senior horses of the ranch. We took a nice long gallop then walked back to the barn. "Ready to head home?" "Haha no but I will only because I have to." "Ha yea I wish you could stay." "Same." He drove me home and said good night as it was almost 8.