Gaining a New Nickname

"Do you want to go out to dinner?" Colton asked me. "Yea! Let's go right over there!" I say pointing to the taco truck across the street from the rodeo grounds. "Haha alright I can make that romantic!" He said winking. We walked across the street and placed our orders. "I'll have a been and cheese with carne asada. And an Orange Jarritos please." I told the Mexican woman at the window. "And a spicy pork burrito with rice and a cherry Jarritos please." Colt said. "No problemo. Es twelve dollar por favor." She said partly in English. We ate our burritos and talked about random stuff for the rest of the night.
The next day went as good as the first with impeccable times on all of our events with all of our horses. The colts are already showing great progress and learning fast. They have the best times and in the colt open division, it's pretty much time onlys there are no prizes in this division. "I want to make a quick announcement before we tell you our all around cowboy and cowgirl. There will be a theme for today's Rodeo Queen Competition. It will be the stars and strips. Thank you everyone who participated today and who will participate. Now that's over our all around cowboy is Colton riding Tasmanian Devil. And our all around cowgirl is Cassidy riding Burning Ember!" After we received all our stuff we went to get me ready for the queening competition.
"You go get dressed and I'll take care of your horse!" Colton said ushering me into a friend's camper who used to do queening. I dressed in a white blinged patriotic shirt, a beautiful pair of beaded chinks, and my black boots from yesterday. I curled my hair this time and put a bit of red, white, and blue hair chalk in my hair. I had my friend do my make up so it would be a surprise. I felt my hat being put on my head and turn to look in the mirror. "Eeeeekkkk! I love it!" I squealed and jumped in Daniella's arms, hugging the life out of her.

After that was finished I ran outside and gasped when I saw my horse

After that was finished I ran outside and gasped when I saw my horse. She had the same saddle pad and brow band but I had sparkling stirrups, patriotic reins, boots, and bridle breastcollar set. In her hair was the chalk and braided into her tail is a flag scarf. And on her hind end, both sides, is a painted "American flag". "Oh my god! Colton!" I was at a loss for words. "Thank you!" I whispered in his ear when I gave him a hug then kissed him leaving a lipstick mark.

I hop up on Ember and head to the queen competition

I hop up on Ember and head to the queen competition. "Alright my queens, tomorrow's theme is going to be Dangerous Roses or Guns and Roses." Yes! I have a shirt for this!
"Hey dinner and a movie night in?" "Sounds great Colt!"
"So you know what you're wearin tomorrow?" Colton asked me. "Yes! I have the perfect outfit!" "And I know just what to do with your horse!" "I can't wait to see!" We watched the movie but ended up having a make out session.
Today is our last day here, our last day to make it count and win regionals. All the events went well with Ember getting 19.265s in poles, 2.714s in breakaway, 5.271s in tie down, Colton and I got 6.821s in team roping, 8.116s in single stake (a new record for us), and 15.981s in barrels. Colton got 20.631s in poles, 2.726s in breakaway, 9.572s in single stake, and 5.127s in tie down. We got all around again today but this time it was a lot closer in times and points. We barely won. Well I hope this means that there is no way we can't win regionals! After the rodeo I went to get ready for rodeo queens.
Colton's POV
"Cowboys! We have an announcement for you. We're going to hold a contest for rodeo king. It will be different then the queening obviously. Anyone who wants to sign up please come to the announcers booth before the queen contest ends." I went over to get Cassidy's horse ready. Man do I have a surprise for her. I found out what Daniella was going to do to her hair and did the same thing to Ember's tail. Then I braided her mane up and tacked her up in Roses, as well as painted a three Rose design on her rump.
She walked out and man was she stunning with a beautiful fishtail covered in flowers, a black shirt with roses and a horseshoe, and a black felt hat with a rose band around the brim. She had perfect makeup. A Rose was painted framing her eye.

Cassidy's POV I saw what Colt had done and immediately started crying as I ran over to kiss him passionately

Cassidy's POV
I saw what Colt had done and immediately started crying as I ran over to kiss him passionately. "Thank you thank you thank you!" I squealed. I got on Ember and walked towards the arena. "I am always using these stirrups!!!" I shouted back to Colton.

"Ladies and gentlemen! This is the moment all our contestants have been waiting for! The crowning of the queen and king, and the announcement of the High Point All Around Cowboy and Cowgirl Regional Champions!" The announcer boomed then the crowd went wild. We all sat atop our horses in our beautiful clothes. I was wearing a grey shirt with a beautiful rose design and a black felt hat with diamonds on the side and a Texas Rose tiara. I had my chinks on and my white cross boots. I tacked Ember in her normal white bling tack, the same black sparkly pad I've been using, and her black boots (like always) only her awesome bell boots have color.

Colton was wearing a black gunslinger silver inlay ariat button up

Colton was wearing a black gunslinger silver inlay ariat button up. Some new leather chinks he won yesterday, his nice ariat boots, and his black felt Stetson.

"Alright rodeo folks! Now is the time to announce our winners for the rodeo king and Queen contest

"Alright rodeo folks! Now is the time to announce our winners for the rodeo king and Queen contest. For King; Second runner up is Dante Trento on Hide Away. First runner up is Hunter Reed on Red's Flyin Mighty. Our prince is Calum White riding Whispering Wind. Our Rodeo King at 16 years old, he is the son of a well know horse trainer. Riding Tasmanian Devil! Colton Williams!" The crowd went wild including me! "And our Rodeo Queens. Our second runner up is Gabriella Vasquez riding Little Bit, first runner up goes to Brittney Parker on Sassy Princess. The Regional Princess crown goes to Taylor Ross riding Smokey Hollow. And our rodeo queen is...Cassidy Sabral on Burning Ember!" They give us our crowns and have us gallop around the ring with our male partners. "Hey there RQ!" Colton said riding up next to me. "RQ?" I asked. "Miss Rodeo Queen!" "Oooooohhhh." I replied.

"And our High Point All Around Cowboy and Cowgirl Regional Champions are Colton Williams riding Taz and Cassidy Sabral riding Ember! These two have just been on fire these past three days!"

After packing all our stuff and making the horses comfortable we hope in the truck and drive the three hours home. "These last few days have been really fun!" I say to Colton. "Yes they have! I'm glad to have been able to spend it with you!" "Me too!"