Meeting Mr. Jerk

Chapter 1

"Holy hell," I muttered after reading just the first few sentences. "Chrissy!" I yelled at the top of my oh-so-loud-lungs. I heard a few banging and crashing noises when my best friends Christina, or Chrissy, appeared. She stood in front of me panting and finally managed to say "What, what happened, did you see a burglar or something?"

"No, I just got a letter from Stone Corps!" I squealed.

"Jesus, don't ever scare me like that again, I thought something happened to you!" she screeched.

"Sorry Chris...but this is big for me" I said excitedly handing her the letter...

Dear Ms. Willows,

You have been offered to be appointed the position of a P.A. at Stone Corporations.

If you accept, you can start 8 am sharp Monday morning, and bring in the signed contract.

Sincerely,

A.S.

I fumbled around looking for a pen and signed the below after glancing at the contract.

"Are you gonna accept?" she asked.

"No I'm just going to ignore the only
job I don't see myself feeling miserable in" I replied.

Today was Friday, so I had two days before I finally started my job. I had been waiting to hear back from the interview I did with them two weeks ago. At one point, I had lost hope. I hope I can stick this one out. Every job I've had in the past had something about it that made me leave. For starters, I was underpaid and had to pretend to be okay with sexual comments made towards me from a coworker that everyone just laughed off. My job before that paid well, but something about the position I was in didn't feel ethical. I was working with children with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) and I didn't like how how restricting it felt towards the children. It felt like what I was doing wasn't natural, and thought that we as a therapist should readjust based on the children's needs rather than having them adjust to what isn't normal to them at such a young age. After having bad luck with these positions, I just figured maybe I should try administrative work instead for a change.

Now, let me tell you about my self. My name is Coral Willows I'm 22 years old and have been living with my best friend for three years, and I have recently completed my bachelors degree in Business and Management. My dad left me and my mom when I was in seventh grade because my mom was ill and wasn't enough to satisfy his needs. Sad, I know, but I don't like to be pitted. I met Chrissy in the freshman year of high school and we've been in separable since. Chrissy and I look total opposites in appearance. She has beach blond wavy hair and bright blue eyes, and I have brown waist length hair and green-grey eyes. Chrissy is rich and her parent's treat me like their own daughter and are kind enough to pay our rent until we can stand on our own feet, but I think with the amount of money Chrissy has we won't be needing their help for a loooong time. I guess you could call Chrissy a saver not a spender, unless she goes on a shopping spree. My dad calls every now and then which is like twice a year, but since I'm old enough now, I have to pay bills for my mom, and I need a job quick or they won't hospitalize her. Well that's my life for ya.

"Wait, you start this Monday right?" Chrissy asks.

I slowly nod my head "Yeah, why?"

"Shopping Spree!"

"Oh god," I groan "you know I hate shopping with you." I whine.

She glares at me for saying that and pushes me upstairs to my room to get changed.

I throw on a pink sweater that says love, put on some leggings, and tan Uggs. Well, if she's putting me through all that torture, I might as well dress comfortable.