Chapter 7 Pleasant Surprises

I feel cold drops of liquid splashing onto my face and I mumble a few words for it to stop, but it becomes the opposite. My eyes fly open from irritation and I jump up in bed but not before I brought the covers up with me also.

What!” I shout at Aiden who’s giggling at my horrific state.

“You wouldn’t wake up” he says “you have to look at the bright side, I didn’t dump the whole glass on you” he continues.

“It’s raining outside” I point out.

Aiden ignores my remark and walks over to the closet bringing out a few things that consisted of clothes and what looked like a makeup bag. He puts them on the dressing table and turns around to face me and says “I brought you some of Ash’s things from when she stays here. Feel free to use them”

He turns and exits the room but backtracks and says with a smirk “Please use them you need it” I manage to slightly hit him with the pillow but he’s quick to get out the door. I look at the clothes and see that they’re tights and a dress with heels.

***

I go into the break room and walk in on Ethan and Lindsay having a conversation, and being the nosy person I am I jump right into it and find out they’re talking about their homes. I zone out of their conversation just as quick as I came in.

“What about you Coral?” Lindsay asks

“What about me?”

“Where are your parents?”

“They’re around…” I trail off wanting to avoid of any talk of my mom or dad. I start to become a bitter person when there are talks of my dad, just thinking about him angers me. I don’t need to have any of that drama at the office, and I most certainly don’t want anyone to know about it.

Gossip here spreads faster than a wildfire.

I go back up to Aiden’s floor where all my pending work lays. I walk into the office and stare at Aiden who’s indulged into his computer with his cute glasses on. I roll my eyes at him still irritated at him from last night.

“Coral” his voice stops me from entering my office. I turn around and look at him. “I need to go out for a while for a few things” he continues.

“Okay, is that all?” I say turning around to head back.

“Do you not care about my whereabouts?”

“No and I never will” I say lying about that last part.

I know for a fact that I would have cared if he walked out that door without any word or explanation, but he doesn’t need to know that. I don’t want him to get any thoughts about that. He doesn’t need to know that I care.

“You’re my girlfriend” he says emphasizing the word girlfriend.

“How could I forget” I say rolling my eyes with the sarcasm in my voice. He rolls his eyes at my comment and exits the office while slamming the door on his way out. Was he mad? He shouldn’t care that I don’t care. I don’t know why but I felt weird that he left mad with me. Usually when someone is mad at me I can’t stand it when they are, so I end up being the one to always apologize. Maybe that’s the case with Aiden right now. That has to be it, it’s normal for me to feel this way.

I sigh and go back into my cubicle and sit down in my chair. There really isn’t much do but repeating the same process over and over from the day. Check emails, view schedules, transfer phone calls, and make copies. It’s somewhat being like an intern but it’s not in the same way. It feels more real.

There really isn’t much to do without Aiden being here. As much as I don’t want to say this it feels boring without him being here. This is the first time when I’ve been left alone in his office and I haven’t accompanied him. I guess you could say that I missed Aiden being here with me.

I miss Aiden.

I can’t keep telling myself I don’t when that’s not the truth so I might as well start believing it. Since there isn’t much to do I should tidy up the office and pick up the useless dispersed papers. After I finish with the papers I move on to the files and start putting them in the drawers where they belong in. As I’m putting up the last file in the drawer I can’t help but notice the drawers to the side where I haven’t put anything in yet. It’s probably empty or has unimportant things in it. I guess if it’s not important I can look in there right? I walk over to the drawer and my eyes widen in disbelief at the heavenly sight I’m looking at.

Aiden has a secret stash of Kit Kats.

I open the drawer next to it and once again it’s filled up with Kit Kats. There has to be at least over a hundred of these. He won’t notice if I take one, so I might as well. I take the Kit Kat and quickly unwrap it and just as I’m taking the last bite the door flies open and Aiden walks in.

Oh such perfect timing.

A/N:

Hello lovelies! Did I make you guys wait long again? I’m sorry if I did but hopefully you guys are graced with chocolate? This chapter is very suckish I am bombarded with homework from stupid school so I have less time to write. This chapter was actually supposed to be posted last week but it felt too short and incomplete so I decided against posting it and made it better for you guys. BTW none of these chapters are edited to bear with me.

QUESTION TIME!

Who’s your favorite band/musician?

I like One Direction and The 1975. NO HATE ON MY BABIES, HARRY STYLES IS PERFECTION.

Chapter goal (I’m gonna kick it up a notch)

20 votes

5 comments

Early update goal 35 votes (THAT MEANS WHENEVER/IF YOU GUYS REACH THIS GOAL CHAPTER WILL BE UP WITHIN 48 HRS)

Until Next Time

~Angelina or Lovedream999