Chapter 5 Girlfriend dilema

The girl in the red dress, whose name I learned is Lacey, is now clinging onto Aiden’s arm. Lacey, what a perfect name for her. In my mind I picture a skinny, blonde, anorexic girl for the name Lacey, turns out my guess is correct. I try to ignore the massive amount of cleavage she is showing than before, and focus on her makeup caked face. She whispers something into Aiden’s ear and disappears walking away with her back facing me.

I let out a sigh that I didn’t even know I was holding. Aiden’s head turns toward me for the first time tonight and a small smile comes out onto his face. I can’t help but imagine him with glasses, for some reason I really like him wearing his glasses. I smile a small smile back in return, before he can do anything else Ethan walks up to him and they are engaged in a conversation. I continue watching them and notice a scowl on Aiden’s face that soon morphs into an angry expression. By the look on Ethan’s face I’m going to assume that it’s nothing serious since he has a full on grin.

I feel Lindsay grab my hand and I turn and look at her and see that she’s nudging towards Aiden and Ethan. Before I know it we are walking across the hall right through the center. I try not to make eye contact with anyone as I pass by anyone staring at me, knowing that the minute I would my clumsiness would kick in.

“I want to talk to Ethan” Lindsay says to me as we are nearing the two. I look at her and wiggle my eyebrows but she just shrugs it off nut not before her cheeks turned a shade of pink.

When we reach them I smile at Aiden and say hi. “Ethan” I say grimly. He has a small smile break out onto his face and then he says “Aw babe, you are still playing games with me” I just roll my eyes and ignore him. I’m about to make conversation with them when Lacey comes out from hallway with a slit that goes up just a bit above mid thigh. I feel my eyes bulge out of my head as I eye her again for what seems about the tenth time and notice that her heel in fact is silver and strappy. I bet she used her fake long nails to make that cut on her dress that she thinks is attractive when really it just makes her seem slutty.

She seems oblivious to my look and saunters over to we’re we are all standing. She comes up right next to Aiden who is directly across from me giving me the perfect view of them, great. “Hey babe” she says to him and only him. She clearly has no manners. I look over to Lindsay and see that she’s confused as I am and portraying the same look as I was.

Aiden doesn’t reply to her he just snakes his arm around her waist, but makes no move to pull her closer to him. When Lacey realizes that she moves closer to him on her own. I can’t help but wonder if they are in a relationship or not.

You shouldn’t care my subconscious buts in.

 I’m just curious. I ponder into thought and come to realize that they have good reasons to be together. Even though I don’t know her I feel like I’ve seen her somewhere before. They’re both obviously rich, have bad attitudes, and no manners at all. Well, at least they both show no manners to me.

I continue observing her and I come up with all negative thoughts. I don’t have a reason to hate her, but I don’t know why, I just do. Other than the reason of her bad attitude, I shouldn’t really have anything against her. I mean sometimes people are rude unintentionally, I’m sure I’ve done many times. I try to convince myself to stop gawking at her and start to like her, but I can’t.

I hate her.

I’m not a very judgmental person, but this time is an exception. I’m snapped out of my thought by Lindsay’s whispering. “That’s Lacey Adams” she says.

I scrunch up my eyebrows. I don’t know who she is, but I feel like I should.

“Who?” I ask