Chapter 5

I hear someone come in late Saturday night at about 3 o'clock. My heart leaps at the fact that maybe it is Cameron. I can't bother him. I don't know what he is like when he is drunk. I should talk to him in the morning when he is sober.

-*-

"Drink this." I hand Cam the steaming cup of coffee for his hangover. Apparently last night when Cam came home -he was in fact very drunk- he broke like 5 plates and some glasses. he was mad at something.... at someone.

"Thanks Hales." I watch him down the coffee and he looks a little better after he is finished.

I look down at my hands that are in my lap while I sit on the edge of the bed.

"What's wrong Cameron?" I ask almost so quiet I can barely hear it.

"You know what the fuck is wrong." he snaps.

"Actually I don't. I wouldn't be asking you if I knew." I say slightly louder.

"Nash is the fucking problem. he is in like fucking love with you or some shit."

"Nash!" I basically scream, "You have got to be kidding me." I stand up to show him how mad and confused I am. Literally Nash is like my brother.

He stands up with me, "Does it look like I'm kidding?" he screams despite his massive headache he claims he has.

"Nash is my friend-"

"Bullshit! don't play games with me hales."

"Don't call me that." I say threw my teeth. No doubt his family can hear us.

"I can call you whatever the fuck I want!" he takes a step closer causing me to take a step back. I can feel the tears on the rims of my eyes, threating to retreat down my sleepy face. "Your with him playing house and shit! This is real life, Ha-ley. This was never going to even work." Ouch. The tears are coming now and they cant stop.

"Cameron, you are overacting." I try to calm him down, he doesn't need to be this heated.

"No! I'm not. Maybe if you weren't acting like such a self-absorbed little b-" I do not want to hear the end of that sentence.

"Stop! Stop!" I run out of his room with my hands covering my ears.

"Haley. Do not walk away from me." I attempt to close the door but he stops it with his foot.

"Cameron, get out!" I scream not caring if anyone can hear.

"For fuck's sake Haley grow some god damn balls and deal with life instead pushing it away."

"Cameron let's go." I hear a different voice that I think belongs to Travis but I cant tell because my eyes are closed.

"Open you eyes Haley, go dammit!" I squeeze them tighter together, I cant look at him.

"Cameron! Now!" the voice booms again.

"Travis, get the fuck out!" he screams.

"Now! Or I swear I will tell dad where you went." I guess that was a trigger because I hear the slamming of a distant door. As soon as I know I am safe I sink to the floor and cry, hard.

Travis walks over to me and I put my head in his chest, crying into his shirt while he holds me in the middle of my room.

"Shh. Its ok." he rubs my back to try to sooth me. I can't even talk let alone comprehend what just happened.

-*-

Obviously I don't sit with Cameron today in Chemistry instead a sit in the back with Nash. he offers me a small smile not asking why I look so terrible and why I was 30 minutes late. I feel like he knows, I feel like everyone knows.