Chapter 2

Frisk's POV

In my head, I counted to three and rushed out the doors. There were three turns.....

'Left, right left..... left, right, left...' I thought to myself as my feet carried me through the quiet streets.

Most grocery runs were successful, and there wouldn't be any interruptions involved. I had usually carried some sort of knife on me, because guns were too noisy and would bring me more attention than I wanted. Something in my stomach lurched when I heard gravel fall from behind me.

I turned swiftly and sighed with relief to find a small cat approaching. Just in case, I stuffed two water bottles and several cans of food into my bag, deciding it would be harmless to reach down and pet the cat. From what I had gathered it was a female. She pressed her head into my open hand and I chuckled softly, getting the hit and petting her.

She looked like she was starving..... I gently picked her up when she let me and watched as she got comfy. "Hmm..... You're a survivor too huh...?..... I don't see any harm in taking you back with me... feed you, yeah?" I knew the animal couldn't understand me, or reply for that matter but she seemed to like the sound of that. I smiled to myself and placed her in my cart, continuing the rest of the way home....

'Home? Is that what I'm calling it now...?' I thought, shaming myself for even daring to consider that pile of dirt my "home".

My brother had taught me self defense and the basics of survival, so when the whole war thing blew up, I was living on a neatly folded tarp in a pile of rubble, that was hidden in a partially destroyed bar that actually held up pretty well considering the circumstances...

As I walked I had taken the time to scan the area, absentmindedly petting my new feline friend. I'm glad I did too... There was something off... I couldn't put my finger on what it was exactly until something blew past me and left foot prints.

That's what it was... The footprints... It wasn't just me and the cat anymore. Someone or Something else was here.... The thought alone of somebody else here heightened my senses, and the sound I heard from behind me had sent a chill down my spine.

'All this time spent in silence, and now someone shows up...' I think to myself as I grab my knife from my bag. I open it and take a deep breath.

Without a second thought, I growl and close my eyes, they flash purple before I spin on my heal and lunge at whatever is there, knifing it. I hear a yelp and my eyes open, their original hazel, to find a dog. A big one at that. I had gotten his front left shoulder. It was kind of deep, but not deep enough for him to bleed out. It would heal with time. I winced a bit, seeing some of the fat hang from the cut as the blood dripped. He looks surprised to say the least.

I kind of felt bad for knifing the poor thing, so with a reluctant sigh, I dig through my bag, finding a small pack of peanut butter crackers. It was my last pack but he probably deserved it more than I had...I tossed it to him and turned back to my cart, realizing only now that he was probably after my cat whose fur was now standing on end. I heard him sniff the pack and cautiously take it in his jaws before limping off.

Eventually I had made it back with everything I had and my cat, whom I had decided to name "Little Miss" because she responded best to it. I placed her on my tarp/bed and opened a can of soup for her, setting it in front of her. Yes, I knew if wasn't the best thing to feed a cat but I wasn't exactly preparing for a pet.

I opened my own can and sat beside her, sipping the broth and glancing at her to watch her movements. She glanced at me and then to the can before leaning down and sniffing it. He small wet nose twitched a little, as well as her left ear before leaning further down and cautiously licked the substance.

I scoffed quietly and rolled my eyes, shaking my head, taking in more of my can. I suppose she had every right to be so cautious. It's a very cruel world and if I were her I wouldn't have trusted me either. I took another glance at her and smiled to myself to see her happily lapping up the soup.

When we finished, I tossed the empty cans into a cart full of empty cans and lay down. Little Miss took that as her cue to cuddle up to me and I smiled. Slowly but surely, I had drifted to sleep, my petting stopping soon after. In my half asleep state I felt something warm lay across my stomach and for the sake of my nerves, I chose to believe it was the cat and I didn't care, frankly it was nice to have a friend. 

________________________________________________________________________

So what do you guys think so far? 

It's brand new.... I started to write it the day I'd posted it. 

I'm gonna do my best to update daily, but I can't make any promises. 

I can't post on weekends though, I'm sorry :(

But on the bright side, here's chapter two, so enjoy!