Chapter Seven.

"Off with his head!" Camilla says pointing at a toad wearing a servant’s uniform who was unfortunate enough to run across her path. Poor thing was trying to balance three trays of food on one arm and when he say her he tripped, trays and all, and fell to the floor. Strawberry jam spattered my legs below the knee and Camilla’s red dress, staining it dark maroon instead of crimson red.

"Your Majesty is there no way for him to appeal to you-"A fish begins but she swings her scepter at his head, making him squeal in terror. I don’t think the servants have noticed it but there’s an extremely upset tinge to her words. Suddenly she slams the butt of her scepter on the ground, the resulting sound mimics the bang of a  gun.

"Did I say for you to speak? Off with your head too! Off with everyone's heads!"

"Camilla, that isn't fair, is it?" I ask gently and her shoulders droop ever so slightly, only someone who’s seen the weaker side of her would notice.

"You all receive one more chance; thank Alice for my sparing your lives!"She calls and choruses of thank you’s ring down the hall, echoing off into the distance.

“You’re all dismissed from my presence go tend to the guests as I’m sure many of them drank too much last night.” Camilla orders and just like that the hallway is deserted.

"Is that dress important to you?"I ask her and she nods yes so slightly I’m not sure I saw I” Who gave it to you?”

“My mother and now it’s ruined!” She sniffles and I stop to smooth her hair, a gesture that has quickly become a habit.

“We can get the jam out Camilla. It won’t stain, we can fix it, okay?”

“Okay.”

Her reply is short and it feels as though something is missing from the end of it.

“Look mama! Isn’t it lovely?”

Those words and that small voice calling out with such happiness and pure innocents flash across my mind, a black space where the image of a child speaking should be. Pretty beams of sunshine pour through the sunlight’s in the ceiling.

A set of double doors with large glass windows sit at the end of the hallway, as we approach two attendants rush to open them. As they’re flung open the room is bright golden light for a brief moment before it dims to grey.  We step put and it’s surprisingly warm, though a chilly edge looms around.

"Alice!" I hear two identical voices yell from behind me. I have only a second to process what’s happening before the twins and I are all lumped together in a tangled heap on the ground.

"Boys!" I cry happily even though they just tackled me. I untangle myself before throwing my arms around both of them and checking for any marks. Both check out perfectly from what I can see at the moment.

"Alice you're alright!" Hatter says pulling me to my feet and hugging me tightly to his chest" You're still wearing your dress!"

"Yes I am, it’s rather lovely" Hatter pushes me away to look at my face but before he can I'm whisked backwards into someone else's chest.

"Alice, my lamb, my darling, my dear Alice I'm so happy you're ok!" Caleb says chuckling as Hatters face begins to change to red" He's no fun is he?" Caleb asks licking my ear, earning a prompt shriek from me. Laughing Caleb spins me under his arm, so I am once again standing next to the twins.

"If you're all done fooling around breakfast is ready! Camilla calls from the head of a very large table. I sit at one end of the table, with one twin on each side, and Camilla sits at the other, I’m carefully kept secret. Right now she is the Red Queen. Hatter and Caleb are sent to sit at the front on each of Camilla’s sides. They say something to Camilla occasionally. I use my napkin and some water to wipe the jelly off my legs before it sets, everyone is just talking a little right now. I ask the boys if they had fun at the ball but it’s all just meaningless chatter next to what I need to ask Caleb.

"Is it really ok for us to eat this?" Tweedle Dum asks looking at me before even touching the plate.

"Of course it is sweetheart!" I say purposefully cutting off a piece of pancake and popping it in my mouth. Without hesitation both twins begin eating hungrily, I watch carefully to make sure they don't choke on anything, the way they it makes it seem as though they aren’t chewing but their etiquette is splendid.

"How is it Alice?" Camilla calls to me while motioning at a servant for strawberry syrup.

"It's very Delicious, thank you!"I call loud enough for her to hear me, a smile hints at the edge of her lips.

We enjoy our meal in silence content with the warm weather and beautifully dark colored flowers. 

"Clear the table away!" Camilla calls as soon as the last person set down their silverware. Instantly a cook whips the table cloth from beneath everything before servants clear the dishes.

"So Alice, what do you plan to do about the White Queen?" Camilla asks sitting like a doll in her overtly large chair.

"What do you mean?" I ask feeling slightly uneasy.

"Well you can't let her continue destroying Wonderland!"

"What?" I ask before the first large chunk of castle comes crashing down next to us.

"No!" I scream just pulling Tweedle Dum out of harm’s way and shielding both twins from the flying debris. I saw Caleb grab Camilla and Hatter was out of harm’s way I hope. Pieces of the fragmented stone hit my back, leaving me gasping in pain.

"Alice" Both of my twins whimper and sob trying to move from beneath me.

"It's ok," I say trying not to cry myself “stay where you are!"

One very sharp piece stabs into my back, embedding itself like a knife. I choke back a sob and continue to block them, my boys won't be hurt. Warmth is spreading from the shard and I know I'm bleeding but I don't care, after five more minutes of being pelted it all stops, leaving it eerily calm.

"Alice!" Camilla screams shrilly"Let go of me!Alice! Alice answer me please!"

“Hatter hold her.”I hear Caleb say.

"Alice! Tweedle Dee!Tweedle Dum! Are you all ok?" Caleb yells and I can hear someone walking on the rubble. The sound of sliding pebbles and a curse follow but the sound grows closer to us.

"Alice! Boys!" Hatter calls from where Camilla is still screaming loudly. Oh God I wish I could answer them but my voice has fled.

"We're over here!" Tweedle Dum calls and his brother echo's him. I want to sleep.

'Not until you know everyone’s safe.' I think to myself in a very muddled manner, trying to keep my heavy lids up. My entire torso is sticky and warm but I don't understand why anymore. I can't hear anything, have I gone deaf? Will I never hear the twins happily call my name, never talk to them? Will I never have Camilla tell me more about her Papa? The rubble shifts off me before strong hands lift me off the ground.

It feels like hours but as I’m carried by I brush Camilla's cheek with my fingers reassuringly, pat Hatters shoulder, and pat the twins heads with the last of my strength. I feel myself go limp and I close my eyes, finally surrendering to sleep.

"Alice, you can't sleep yet! You need to stay awake!" Caleb says very quickly and in a very frightened way. I want to comfort him, but my tongue won't obey me, I can hear him and his voice is nice, like a lullaby.

"She's not going to make it! Where's the physician Your Highness?"Caleb demands with panic thick in his words. I don't hear what she replies but there is a terrible pain in my chest my heart feels very slow, and I'm not sleepy any more, now I'm frightened .I don't want to sleep, because if I go to sleep I won't wake up, and I really want to wake up!

"Alice!" Is the last thing I hear before all inner hell breaks loose and I lose myself in darkness.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't updated in a while and I apologize for that. I haven't got an excuse not to it's just that I didn't.I worked hard to bring this to you though so please enjoy it, or at least comment your hate.

Love ya,

Osiris Day✾◕‿◕✾