Chapter Two

Escape plans tumble though my head as my eyes search for the best opening. Jay is still just standing there, staring at me, he seems shocked. I would be too if I found a girl other than myself.

As he is distracted I take the opportunity to run. As I suspected though my hope is short lived as his arms wrap around my waist, pinning my arms to my sides.

"Not so fast mi ùltimo amor." He whispers in my ear, sending a shiver down my spine. Why do all the hot guys speak another language!? Ugh, stupid hormones.

"Please let me go." I plead, speaking in my normal voice for the first time in months. 

"I'm sorry but I can't. Our camp is safe trust me, come with us."

"They all say that," I lower my head, "You all just want me cause I'm the last girl."

"Well there's no need to be so confident!" he chuckles, again attempting to lighten the mood, "Even if you were a guy I'd still tell you to come with us. I'm being honest. We have set up a community, we are on patrol right now to find survivors and resources."

Crunching of leaves fill my ears and I turn around to see the other two guys have finally caught up.

"Holy Shit!" The middle aged guy says. He looks around 30, he's handsome for his age. I cannot however say the same for the third man, the culprit who kicked me in the stomach. He is beefy and big, with a long mustache, a scruffy beard and tattoos all over his body. He was the main one of the guys scaring me.

"Boss is gonna be pissin' his pants in glee." Said Mr Scary man.

"I'm not going with you, so back off." I seethed through clenched teeth.

"Feisty, I like." Said the handsome perv, eyeing me up and down.

"Guys back off she's obviously scared." Jay reasoned.

"She will be a great member to the vivo." Mused Mr scary man.

"Me, a great member? Trust me I can't fight, I don't have any skills in anything, I can't cook and I don't have any clue how to gather resources." I said. I was saying anything in hope they would show mercy and let me go.

"Oh, I know one or two ways you can be of resource." Chuckled Mr handsome pervert.

"Go to hell." My eyes glared daggers at his.

"Woah, calm down Alex. That isn't what we mean. We honestly just want to help you. It's not safe out here and you obviously do know how to do a few things if you have survived this long alone." Jay reasoned once more, he seemed to be being too nice. A thought rushed through my head... I hadn't always been alone.

"You can't make me come, I'm out of here." I said quickly, trying to hide my trembling voice. I started fast walking away from them all, knowing this was a long shot.

"Right, no more Mr nice guy!" Jay said frustratedly. I Knew it! No guy I had met since the end of The Heat had been this nice. I started sprinting. Not looking back. I had dropped my bag but I couldn't go back for it. Tears streamed down my face as I thought of the possibilities of what would happen to me if I was caught again. I could hear shouts behind me. I reached the alleyways of a long abandoned town and I turned a sharp right down a dingy path between two buildings. I jumped a rubbish bin and almost gagged at the smell. I reached the street on the other side of the buildings and sprinted down the road. I was getting tired. I looked behind me and he hadn't turned the corner yet. I quickly ducked into the nearest open shop. It was an office supplies store. I grabbed a pair of scissors and ducked behind a counter, ignoring the young and decomposed female body to my left. I had become used to the bodies, they littered every house, street and shop. 

Whistling met my ears as I heard Jay walking the streets outside. I heard shop windows smashing and bins being kicked over. I heard him banging on car bonnets. He was trying to scare me, it was working.

I ducked deeper under the counter. The soft chiming of a bell sounded as he walked through the shops entrance. I covered my mouth, which only made me breath harder. It reminded me of the games of hide and seek we all used to play as kids. Someone would be in the room you were in and we would cover our mouths to hide the noise, it only made us breath harder though as our heart rates increased. Imagine that, but ten times worse, with a pair of scissors in your hand as protection. 

"Alexxxxxxx," he drawled out my name in a haunting voice, "I know you're in here, I'm just trying to protect you. There are some mean people out there. The Vivo is a safe place... you will love it there." 

His steps echoed around the shop as I heard him looking behind stalls. The bell chimed again as he opened the door. He was leaving, most likely to continue his search in other shops. The door slammed shut and I let out a sigh of relief.

Large hands clamped over my mouth and pulled me up as I kicked and screamed. Jay Held me against his body as he pressed me up against the counter. My back was against his stomach and one of his arms was around my waist pinning my arms in place while the other held my mouth. His lips met my neck and he softly kissed above my collarbone sending shivers up my spine.

His lips came close to my ear, "Hello mi ùltimo amor, just letting you know, no one likes a loud breather." 

Everything went black. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Spanish!

'Mi ùltimo amor' means 'My Last Love,' signifying she is the last female left, the last girl he will have the chance of loving. (Sounds creepy, but he's saying it in a nice way, lol.)

'Vivo' means 'living.' So basically they have put together a community of survivors and called their safe haven 'the living/the vivo'