Chapter 04

"Orange is the new black."

Tanmay had heard that quote many times before. Little did he know that it'd actually start governing his life as well. Staying awake late in the nights had allowed him to cherish all the various shades of black. A lighter one when the moon was on a full show, while a darker one when it decided to hide its bright self. At first, he was afraid, a bit frightened too. But as the nights went by, he actually started to love black. And it was all because of wattpad, the orange which brought about a black in his life.

Time doesn't take long to change though. And once again, it showed it's power.

Just when black was staking its claim to become his favorite color, wattpad showed him another side of its wonderland. MissMagician.

She came along bringing a thunderstorm with her. A storm, which was ready to wipe out all the black from his canvas. A little message was all that was needed to start a long chain of conversation.

The way you express their emotions is so beautiful. She had praised him on the second chapter. Maybe you should work on your descriptions a bit more. Somehow you're unable to maintain a balance between your dialogues and descriptions. She had criticized the fourth one.

In just a week, their relationship had escalated to a whole new level. Her love for reading had made him write four more scenes of his story. And it was just the thing he needed. In these past months, Tanmay had always believed he was sad because no one was reading his story. But now when she was reading it, he finally understood that the real reason was something else. He was sad because he had stopped writing. Now that Dev and Anjali again started to rule his thoughts, he was feeling that energy all over again. Somehow, writing governed his emotions.

And it was all because of her. MissMagician.

She might not be a wizard, still, she was spreading her magic in his life. For the first time since joining wattpad, he wished for a balanced amount of white in his shade of black. He wished to see it shine, to see it glitter around. Because she was giving him that purpose of writing again. She was that pinch of optimism which he needed in his life.

The shy little boy was finally opening up.

***

24th May 2017

"A pinch of salt, that's all you need to make your food tasty. And yet, a little more or a little less can change the whole dynamics."

What do you think, is their relationship changing for good?

Does it have that exact amount of spice in it?

Yes, this was a small update. But trust me, it was needed.

Coz it shows how a reader can actually change a writer's life. You may think you're just reading a story or a poem, but no. It's not just that.
You're reading the fragments of a writer which he or she has decided to share with you. And that itself makes it so special.

As a reader, you have much more impact on a writer's life than you think you do.

So my dear readers, never stop reading.