Lois Gets In Touch With Superman

"Daily Planet, Lois Lane speaking." Alex heard on her end of the line.

"Hello, Lois, this is Alex Danvers with the DEO, can I speak to Clark for a moment?" Alex asked.

"Clark isn't here right now. Is there something I can do?" Lois suggest. Alex didn't want to involve the reporter, but if she could help get Superman to National City faster then she could be helpful.

"We have a situation in National City and we need Superman's help."

"I'll see what I can do."

After work Lois goes to Clark's place, but he wasn't home, so Lois did something that Superman taught her when she first met him. She closed her eyes and contrasted then she felt strong arms sweep her off her feet and held her close before taking back up to the sky. When Lois open her eyes, she saw that Superman was holding her as they flew through the sky. A few minutes later, he landed in her yard. And gently lets her down.

"What can I do for you Miss Lane?" Superman asked.

"I got a call from the DEO." Lois said. "They need your help in National City."

"Supergirl must be in trouble." Lois saw Superman tense and she knows what's going to happen.

"I know you have to go." Lois said, but it didn't mean she had to be happy about it. And Superman knew she didn't want him to go, but knew he had to.

"I'll be back before you know it." Superman reassured her.

"Promise?" Lois asked.

"Promise." Superman replied. He pulls her close and kisses her. As the kiss deepens, Lois wraps her arms around His neck. Then he pulls away and she already missed his contact.

"Goodbye Lois." And Superman flew away as Lois watched him leave. After she could no longer see him, she went into the house.

TBC...

A/N's: In the next chapter Alex meets the Legends when they have to make a stop by the DEO to have repairs made to the Waverider.