Kate Kane

Gotham City...

Kate blinked, rubbed her eyes and she even pinched herself, but nothing was going to change what was staring at her in black and white. The announcement that Maggie Sawyer was engaged to Alex Danvers.

The tough woman had been hit before, but this time she felt like she had been hit so hard she was gasping for air. In a fit of rage, she takes the paper and throws it in the fireplace.

"Did Gotham High lose in baseball again?" Alfred asked as he entered the room.

"What?! No something else is wrong." Kate replied.

"What seems to be wrong Miss Kane?"

"Do you remember Maggie Sawyer?" Kate asked. Alfred thought for a moment before responding.

"The police detective you use to date."

"Yes." Was all Kate could muster to say.

"What about her?" Alfred asked.

"She's engaged." Alfred could see she was upset so he stopped what he was doing and sat down beside her.

"I can see you still have feelings for Miss Sawyer, but sometimes you have to let go." Alfred explained.

"And if that doesn't work?" Kate asked.

"Then do whatever you do until you feel better."

"Alfred?"

"Yes Miss Kane?"

"I need a plane ticket to National City and my passport."

"Of course Miss Kane." Alfred respond not surprised one bit by Kate's choice, but he hoped she knows what she's getting herself into.

National City...

After getting off the plane in National City, Kate had to run inside as at that moment it decided to start raining. Once inside, she sat down and watched as the wind blew wildly and it rain heavily as thunder boomed in the distance.

DEO...

After everyone found out it was about to rain, they headed back inside and left the Waverider in the hanger.

Once the Legends, Alex, and Winn were inside, thunder clapped before a heavy down pour came down from the sky.

"Captain Lance, would you be so nice as to introduce us to rest of your team." J'onn said.

"Sure, the guy in the duster is Rip Hunter. The tall guy who always looks like he's grumpy is Mick Rory. Mr. Tall and handsome is Ray Palmer..."

"You think I'm handsome?" Ray asked, but Sara ignored him.

"The man in the glasses is Martin Stein and the guy standing next to him is Jax..."

"And I am Amaya." Vixen said introducing herself.

"And I am Nathan Heywood." Citizen Steel replied introducing himself as well.

"That's everybody," Sara said, "now if you don't mind I would like to see Supergirl."

"I'll take you to her room." Alex replied.

"I'm going to." Mick announced. Alex wanted to protest, but Sara spoke up.

"It doesn't matter if you tell him to stay, he's going to come with us if he wants to."

"Fine."

Alex shows Sara and Mick the way to Supergirl's room. Once they got to the room, they go into the room.

"How is she?" Alex asked as Sara shuts the door.

"She's healing, but she still hasn't woke up." Maggie said. Alex was going to respond when Maggie's cellphone started ringing.

"I'll take this outside." Maggie said as she stepped outside. In the hall, Maggie answered her phone.

"Hello?" Maggie said.

"God, its good to hear your voice again." Kate replied and she could swear she heard a pin drop before Maggie response.

"Now is not a good time Kate."

"I know that you're engaged."

"Yes I am and I'd like to keep it that way."

"I'm not here to sabotage your wedding."

"Then leave National City and don't come back." And without saying another word Maggie hung up.

TBC...

A/N's: I thinking about a little Batcanary shipping in the next chapter, thoughts?