13 - Feyre

Okay, so I wanted to see if there was any fan art for an ACOTAR/TOG crossover, so I searched it up and came across this on Google. I feel so proud and I dunno why.

The moment the doors closed, Tamlin turned on Rhys. "You actually agreed to this?" He asked, his voice taking on a higher note.

"I," Rhys said calmly, "agreed that I would fight. If you don't want to fight, Tamlin, nobody here will force you to."

He snorted. "That Rowan might. Or any of the Fae he talked about just now. The truth is, we don't know anything about who they are, and you're just going to fight for them and take their word that they'll fight for you?" Tamlin shook his head. "How naïve of you, Rhysand."

"And how naïve of you to be so hostile in an unknown environment," Rhys countered. "You don't know if they'll take it. Rowan might, but what about Galan or Ansel or the others he spoke of? They might not be so merciful."

"Indeed," Manon drawled from the edge of the throne room. "Ansel might not get too upset, but Galan, Lysandra, Aedion... And maybe even Dorian, might not be too happy. Allies of the Queen, and friends to the imprisoned female. It would be unwise to get hostile, Tamlin, or you might find yourself splattered all over the floor." She yawned as if bored, and iron fangs flashed.

Tamlin's jaw tightened. "You don't scare me."

"Well, you always were an idiot," Cassian grumbled, folding his arms over his chest. I had to agree with him. If he wasn't scared of Manon, he was either lying or stupid. "Even Lucien knows better than that."

Tamlin turned on Cassian. "Excuse me?" His voice was a lethal whisper.

"You heard me," Cassian said with a calm raise of an eyebrow. "You're a damned idiot."

"I have half a mind to gut you for saying that," Tamlin threatened.

"Not my fault that half a mind is all you've got. You give no thought to respect and fear the creatures that should indeed be feared, and that'll get you killed." Cassian's voice was flat. "But by all means, go ahead and try to gut me. I'm interested in seeing how far you get before I snap your neck."

The tension was thick enough that I could probably slice through it with a knife. I wouldn't mind if Tamlin was killed, but on the off chance that Cassian was brutally hurt in such a fight... I didn't want to see him hurt like he was in Hybern. Not again.

I planted myself between them. "As much as I'd love to see you live up to your word and snap Tamlin's neck, Cassian," I began, and ignored Tamlin's low growl. "We have larger things to deal with right now."

"Like the fact that we're in another world and have no idea how to get home," Mor interjected. "Or that we've been roped into fighting a war and saving a female that may or may not be Rowan's mate." She rolled her eyes at Cassian. "I suppose you had a point, there."

Manon said nothing, and her expression was completely neutral. Obviously, she wasn't going to give anything away.

"Or the fact that we have no idea how long we'll be stuck here," added Elain timidly. "Nobody gave us an idea of the length of our stay, which means they probably don't know, themselves." Azriel nodded from beside her, but said nothing.

"Indeed," Amren murmured. "We might have to make negotiations. I suppose it's good we have both a Spring Court emissary and a former Night Court emissary." She looked pointedly at Lucien and I. Lucien all but trembled under the weight of Amren's powerful gaze. I simply nodded.

"What negotiations could they make about our... Stay," Azriel said quietly, "If those who keep us here don't know how long this will be? Negotiations are for people with knowledge about such things."