Afternoon Sunshine

"(Y/N)...".

Who was that?

"Hey...(Y/N)...".

(F/N)?

It was (f/N). She was stood with a silhouette of a boy of your age, about twenty-five, maybe thirty metres in front of you. (F/N) was smiling warmly, but you didn't know if the boy was smiling too, because his entire body was black.

Where were you? You looked around yourself, and it seemed like the three of you were standing in a field, which spread for miles and miles in all directions. The grass was short and looked like it had been freshly cut, and was a light shade of green. It was a sunny day, not a cloud to be seen in the cornflower blue sky; except for the sun, white flares coming off it.

She beckoned you to come over to her, and as you did, she and the silhouette opened their arms. You approached the two figures, a tiny spark of apprehension and hesitation fizzling in the back of your mind.

What were they going to do?

Wait, why did you have to ask yourself that?

(F/N) was your best friend, so why would she do something bad to you? 'Trust her', you told yourself. So you did. But what about the silhouette? Who was he?

You reached the two of them, and they pulled you into a group hug. It was unexpected, but it felt friendly and welcoming either way. You closed your eyes and relished in the moment, where you remained for a minute or two. Time seemed to stop, making it feel like hours. You flicked your eyes open and lifted your head when you felt (F/N) take her arms from you.

She stood back a step, still gently smiling, her eyes narrowing slightly. The silhouette also lifted his head and glanced over at (F/N), who nodded at him. The silhouette then wrapped his arms around you and rested his forehead against yours. Your wrist jerked in reaction to the sudden gesture, but you eased into it and slid your arms around his waist.

You tried to make out any facial features he might have, but it was no such luck. You managed to make out his nose and a thin pair of lips, but that was it. His hair had no particular style, but it was sort of long-ish.

You also tried to work out what his emotions were right now. Was he happy? Was he calm? Was he thinking about something? Because he didn't have a decipherable expression, you couldn't tell what he was thinking or feeling. But he was hugging you and your foreheads were touching, so surely he must have been thinking about you?

He then reached behind his back and gripped one of your hands, and placed your hand in his, interlocking your fingers. You side-glanced at your hands; a pale hand linked with a shadow black hand, like a white moon in the night sky.

A pleasant thought that entered your mind was the mutual attraction you could feel between you and the boy. From the moment he pulled you into his arms, you just felt...loved. Without anyone having to say anything, you instantly felt a connection, just like that.

Could he be...your soulmate...?

You didn't need to ask questions, it just clicked within you - it was him, wasn't it? The silhouette standing in front of you...

Yes. It was him.

Eyes widening in realisation, you peered up at him, mouth agape. You couldn't at all see it, but you could feel a smile form on his lips as he tilted his head downwards so his eyes were level with yours. You closed your mouth and faintly smiled back, still maintaining eye contact.

But then your mouth reopened an inch when you saw his head move closer to you by a fraction. Frozen in shock, you couldn't move, not even a millimetre. It wasn't a bad kind of shock, or a fear-based shock, but it really took you by surprise. It was like you were totally paralysed; no matter how desperately you wanted to move, you just couldn't.