Midnight Wish

I'm gonna write a letter to my true love

I'm gonna sign my name

Like a patient on a table

I wanna walk again

Gonna move through the pain

- We Used to Wait/Arcade Fire

-

Hey, Yamaguchi. How've you been? It's been a while, hasn't it?

Not much has been happening with me. Just school and homework, really. Haha.

Oh, I saw (F/N) over the weekend, too. Hey, she wants to come and watch the Spring High Finals with me. You don't mind, do you? We're both rooting for you!

Say, I've been thinking recently. Okay, I'll tell you the truth: I've been thinking about you. I know, it sounds weird. But there's something that I need to tell you. You deserve to know, at the very least.

Well, here goes:

You and I are soulmates!

I know, crazy, right?

It sort of surprised me, too.

No, not in a bad way. I don't know why I said that. I mean, any surprise relating to you can't be bad. Actually, I made that sound really weird. I'm sorry.

It kind of clicked when I dropped those textbooks last week. When you helped me pick them up, your hand touched mine. And when you touched me, our soulmate marks turned purple! And when we weren't touching, it went back to its normal colour! That's how I realised.

So, yeah! We're soulmates!

I know I can't just tell you that and say nothing else.

I'll let you into a secret: Tsukishima suggested that I give you my number. I think that was a good shout, don't you? Well, I did ask him for advice on how I could get close to you. I mean, ever since I realised that we're soulmates, I wanted to tell you. But I was a bit scared.

I didn't think you'd appreciate me just coming up to you and saying, 'Hey, I'm your soulmate!'. I thought you might think I'm being too forward. So, that's why I wanted us to get to know each other first.

I think you're really sweet. A slight topic change there, but yes. You're charming, you're friendly, you're compassionate...

There are so many words I could use to describe you. It does sound like I'm trying to butter you up, doesn't it? But I swear to you, I'm not. I genuinely think you're the loveliest guy I know.

You always put others before yourself. Even if you're feeling down yourself, you still try and make sure everyone else around you is okay, first.

Anyone would be lucky to have you. As their friend, teammate, classmate, lover...

So, I was kind of wondering...

Would you like to be in a relationship?

That's quite brazen of me to ask, I'm sorry. I know you must think I'm totally shameless. I wouldn't blame you in the slightest.

But again, how do you feel about relationships? Is there anyone you want to commit to? Anyone who you like? More than just a friend? I know, I'm bombarding you a little, aren't I?

Would you like to be in a relationship with me?

Wow, this is quite an unconventional way to ask. But it's an honest question. Seeing as we're soulmates, would you want to make it an official relationship?