Small Hours - Epilogue

And you smiled and you smiled

With laughter in your eyes

And you smiled and you smiled

And I was captured

Don't you know?

I'd like to stay

- And You Smiled/Matt Monro

-

"(Y/N)!!!", (F/N) yelled at the top of her lungs, bolting over to you and squishing your face into her chest. "I finally got my soulmate mark!!!".

It was the last full week of November, and it was approaching the end of the school week. The morning sky was fairly dull, contrary to the red, orange, and brown leaves which were swaying in harmony on the trees. The forest spreading over the hills in the city were like an auburn blanket, preparing to become bare for when winter arrived.

You were already inside the classroom, like the early bird you were. You had been in there for a short while, and were sat at your desk when she flung open the door and shared her news. It took you several seconds to take it in, but when your friend finally released you, you gave her a proud, toothy smile.

"No way! That's great! Now me and you can go on double dates!", you laughed.

"Yes! I can't wait to find out who it is!".

(F/N) energetically pulled out her chair and sat down, bouncing up and down and swinging her legs like a child who was full of beans.

"Have you got any idea who it might be?", you asked, leaning closer to her.

"Argh, I don't know! I hope he's hot, though...".

You sniggered. "Well, you never know...".

(F/N) continued to excitedly rattle on about her new soulmate, what she thought he looked like, whether he liked video games and memes, so on and so forth. You were delighted for her, though; you loved seeing her this happy!

Not long after, Yamaguchi and Tsukishima made their way in. They entered through the door, and your head immediately turned towards them. Well, Yamaguchi, really. Your eyes lit up and you gave him a big, hearty grin, as he scurried over to you, cheerfully.

"Good morning, princess!", he chirped, giving you a peck on the cheek.

"Good morning, Tada-chan!", you sang, going all gooey at being called 'princess'.

Because it was getting close to the end of November, you and Yamaguchi had been together for around a month now. He loved giving you cute nicknames, like 'princess' and 'cupcake', which you absolutely adored. Seriously, he could make you melt into a puddle of slush when he called you by one of his many saccharine pet names. You addressed him with a range of pet names too, but one of your favourites was 'Tada-chan'. He allowed you to call him by his first name, which was an indicator that he was comfortable around you.

(F/N) snorted. "Tada-chan?!", she hooted, wheezing with laughter. "I've never heard you call him that before!".

You and Yamaguchi turned your heads to look at her. Yamaguchi was more confused than you were, as you actually found her statement pretty funny.

"Well, we're soulmates, and he's okay being called that! Aren't you, Tada-chan?", you giggled, tapping the tip of his nose.

"Ah, yeah!", he confirmed, pulling out a chair from the desk next to you and perching on it. "You can call me whatever you like, my love".