|2|

Jerome

       I bit my lip harshly to prevent from yelling at the little pups running around the kitchen giggling like they had no house training.

    "Out now. You guys know you're not supposed to be running around in the kitchen." I said sternly, causing them to look up at me with adorable pouts and cute puppy dog eyes.

   The tallest kid of all of them, Max, glared at me with his pout making me mimic his actions. He stomped his foot on the floor and I did the same causing him to get madder at my teasing. He was about to say something when a smaller boy latched onto his arm and tugged at it causing him to soften and look over at him. I stared with wide eyes as Max smiled goofily and kissed his cheek before running out of the room with the rest of them following.

   No doubt they were mates since some pups in our pack acted the same way with each other. They just wouldn't really feel the mating pull until they turned 14 but they definitely felt a connection.

  I groaned when I remembered why I was in the kitchen in the first place. It's been three long ass days since my last encounter with my mate and my wolf was becoming very whiny.

   I quickly opened the fridge and grabbed the plate of brownies my mom made earlier and sat it on the counter and stuffed my mouth, moaning in delight. Yeah, I eat when I'm stressed out. Don't judge.

    The little boy already had my whole heart wrapped around his little finger and he didn't even know. All we did was look at each other and I was already falling for him.

   I sensed someone else in the kitchen as I glared at the plate of brownies like it had two heads.

   "Geez man, what'd the brownies ever do to you?" I heard Danny ask with a chuckle, before reaching over and grabbing one off the plate. He hopped up on the counter and swung his legs as he ate the brownie with not a care in the world causing me to back away from him and stare at him.

    He gave me a questioning look which caused me to groan and pull at my messy hair roughly out of stress.

   I turned to him, my eyes wide, "How are you not going crazy?"

    He observed my stressed state for a moment before placing his half eaten brownie down.

   He simply shrugged his shoulders and smiled at me softly but he quickly dropped it at the glare I shot him.

      He held his hands up in surrender before hopping off the counter with a soft thud and walked towards me.

   "You need to calm down okay? Noah couldn't resist me to long before it started to rip him apart. So I know you're mate will come for you okay?" He asked softly, his hands on my shoulders making me look him in the eyes.

   I nodded as he brought me in for a comforting hug since he knew how painful it was. Noah had ignored him for as long as he could which ended up being for like two days before he went crazy.

"Thanks Danny." I mumbled as he pulled away. He smiled and patted my shoulder before grabbing his half eaten brownie and walking out with a bounce to his step.

I huffed and grabbed the plate of brownies and stuck it back in the fridge. I blushed a little as I saw I ate 3.

"Hey baby!" My mom yelled, making me slam the fridge from fright. Her laugh echoed off the walls causing Max and the little pups who were laying on the sofa to giggle at their Luna's loud laughter.

"Mom." I whined like a sore puppy, I knew I was acting like a big baby but my wolf was on edge. She immediately stopped laughing and gave me a once over before she sighed.

"I know honey." She mumbled before wrapping me in her warm embrace. She was around 5'8 and I was 6'3 so I had to bend a little to hug her back.

I wondered how she knew but I've heard stories of my mom and dads past and how they went through some things so maybe that's why.

     She pulled away and brushed my fringe away from my eyes, "boy or girl?"

    I huffed, "Boy, obviously I'm gay mom."

  She rolled her eyes and slapped my arm making me hiss and rub it, "I know that smart ass. The moon goddess sometimes does unexpected things so I was just wondering."

   I dropped my head and looked at my sock covered feet suddenly finding them interesting as silence took over.

   "So did he reject you?" She said unexpectedly making me jump a little and look up.

"No, we  never actually ended up talking because before I could walk up to him the bell had rung and he ran off so I decided just to let him run off because he was probably freaked out." I growled a little thinking about how Noah was walking with him.

I felt something hard hit my hand causing my hands to shoot up in defense when my mom started hitting me with a large wooden spoon.

"Jerome Greenfield! What the hell is wrong with you? You idiot!" She yelled continuing to hit me with the spoon as I yelped and moved away from her only to be hit again.

I saw my dad about to walk into the kitchen but when he saw us he sighed and threw his hands in the air before storming away dramatically. I heard him mutter something about 'these people are crazy.'

My mom must've heard it too because she got even madder and stormed out of the kitchen yelling his name. But seconds later she came walking back in, pointing the spoon at me accusingly.

"We're not done yet Jerome."

With that she walked out yelling my dads name once more leaving me there utterly confused.

What the actual hell just happened?

  •.•.•.•.•.•..••..••.•.•..•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•..••.•.•

       I shifted into my black colored wolf with splotches of brown. Me and my dad were the only werewolves in the pack with black wolves because the black wolves were usually the alphas of the pack and since I had alpha in my blood I was a black wolf but I also had my moms pelt color in my fur too, which was brown.

   I let my wolf take over as I ran through the forest in our pack lands. The bright green grass and pine trees were so beautiful as I ran past them. Butterflies and dozens of flowers were all around me as I ran making a wolffish grin spread across my muzzle.

    But then the pine trees reminded me of the amazing scent my mate had making me whimper. I was tired of this, I just wanted my beautiful mate in my arms.

   With a low growl of determination of getting my mate, I set back to the back house in a full on run. I heard some of the pack members mind links asking in concern if I was okay but I simply ignored all of them. I shifted back into my human form behind a tree and pulled on my sweatpants I left out here before striding towards the pack house.

   "J, you alright?" Asher, one of our pack warriors, asked. The other warriors that were chatting with him also were looking at me in concern.

   I simply nodded my head and raced up the stairs to my room and fell on my bed with a sigh.

   I was going to get my mate.