|4|

Jerome

         I rolled my eyes as I entered the kitchen, my school bag slung lazily over my shoulder. The sight before me made me gag. Danny and Noah were basically swallowing each other.

    "Get a f ucking room." I hissed, Noah and Danny immediately letting go of each other and turning to me with shock.

   I gave them a bored expression and grabbed my keys off the counter before turning around and walking out. I heard frantic footsteps behind me making me roll my eyes in annoyance.

   "Jerome wait!" Danny yelled, hopping in the car with Noah right behind him. Since Callie and Lance decided to stay home because they just didn't want to go meant I was stuck with these two lovebirds the whole ride to school and back. Fantastic.

    We were about 3 minutes away from school when I heard Noah and Danny whispering quietly to each other. I almost rolled my eyes at their idiocy because I could easily hear them with my werewolf hearing but I had the car radio up exceptionally loud today so I could only hear a couple words they were saying.

   "Hey Jer?" Danny asked, I turned the music down and looked at him for a brief moment before turning back to the road signaling for him to continue.

   "are you going to talk to you're mate today?" Danny asked apprehensively, my hands immediately tightened on the steering wheel at the mention of my beautiful mate. Noah put his arms around his slightly distressed mate and pulled him into his lap.

   Of course I was going to talk to him, I couldn't last a day longer since my wolf was basically going crazy. It's been three days since we've seen our mate and I've already started to shed weight and if I waited any longer I wouldn't be surprised if I died. You see, when a wolf meets their mate they can't be away from them for too long or they literally start to go crazy and since I didn't even have any interaction with my mate but a glance at each other it was ten times worse.

    I simply nodded my head as we got out of the car after I parked in my designated spot. I rolled my eyes as Danny and Noah immediately walked off with each other.

   What a great beta.

   Oh shut up and go find you're mate grumpy pants!

  I chuckled at Danny's response before it died down and I quickly walked into school, trying to find the beautiful boy that smelled of vanilla and pine.

  The halls were relatively empty besides the few students that were skipping class. I felt my wolf whine as we couldn't smell or see our mate anywhere. I put my arms against a locker and rested my head against it as my breaths were coming out in short gasps. This isn't good. My wolf pawed and whined desperate to get out and find his mate and mark him before they both died. I knew my eyes were probably bright yellow by now.

   I almost gave up but when the all to familiar scent filled my nostrils almost immediately, I whipped my head around and saw my adorable mate entering the school with his head down making my knees buckle and I almost fell. I was about to run up to him but before I could he went flying into the lockers roughly when Carson, one of my old friends, slammed him into the lockers before laughing.

   A growl escaped my lips as I tackled the bastard that was laughing at my hurt and confused mate. I tackled him with so much force that I heard a crack of a bone.

  "Get off!" Carson screamed as my fist made contact with his face at such force that his face was bruised immediately.

My wolf was growling and taking over my body quickly from the thought of someone hurting our mate. I felt my canines extending in my mouth and piercing my lips and it would only be a few seconds before they would fully emerge and my wolf would kill him. But before I could rip his throat out I was tackled and I heard my mate scream making me panic

  "Jerome, chill the hell out!" Danny yelled as he held me down. I easily threw him off and almost was able to beat Carson again but I accidentally clawed Noah's chest when he jumped in front of me and Carson causing Danny to growl ferociously at me and shove me down.

  "What the fuck Carson?" Noah's voice suddenly yelled as he grabbed said friend by the collar of his shirt and dragged him. I snapped at his feet when they walked by us, trying to break through Danny which was relatively easy.

   I broke through and tried to run after Carson but Danny blocked me once again and pointed behind me with knowing eyes. I whipped my head around and saw my tiny mates eyes closed tightly as he quivered in fear, his body pressed firmly against the locker.

  I quickly raced over to him in panic, he looked so scared and dare I say it, it almost made tears come to my eyes. His eyes snapped open when he sensed me coming over and he immediately cowered and held his tiny arms over his face.

   "No, I'm sorry!" He mewled, his voice cracking making my heart drop. Did he think I was going to hurt him?

   I gently grasped his arms, bringing them down from his face. Electric sparks ran up from my arms all the way to my chest and into my heart, making my wolf howl in delight and from the gasp that escaped my mate I know he felt it too.

  His unique beautiful eyes met mine and I felt my heart melt, how was he so beautiful? I grabbed his forearms and pulled his small body into my embrace making him immediately stop shaking. I nuzzled his neck and smelt his amazing scent. My canines grazed over his delicate flesh causing him to grab a fistful of my shirt and whimper. I immediately pushed my wolf back in fear of scaring him even more and pulled him impossibly closer to my body.

    I heard my tiny mate purr and nuzzle my chest making me grin and for my wolf to howl with pride in our mate taking comfort in our embrace.

   He yelped in surprise when I suddenly grabbed the back of his thighs making him wrap them around my waist and his arms to go around my neck. He looked a little frightened and confused making me chuckle as I began walking out of school.

  "What are you doing Jerome?" His tiny voice asked, my heart nearly leaped out of my chest at the sound of my name rolling of his tongue.

  I knew his name was Bryce since Noah told me when I had almost killed him when he mentioned he knew his name but he refused to tell me.

When I didn't say anything he sighed and snuggled his face back into my chest like a little puppy would making me grin once again at his cuteness.

I placed him in the passenger seat of my car and reached over to grab his seatbelt before buckling him in. His eyes pierced through mine the entire time and it took everything I had not to lean over and kiss the hell out of him.

I shut the door and quickly raced over to my side of the car and hopped in before buckling up and speeding off towards the pack house. I knew it seemed insane that I was doing this but I finally got my mate and I wasn't planning on letting him go anytime soon.