|5|

The Pack House-

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

                             Bryce

I felt my nerves increase tenfold at the huge pack house. Jerome must have felt my discomfort because he squeezed my hand and ran gentle circles over my knuckles.

   I was so happy that Jerome didn't end up rejecting me like I thought he would. Those three or four days we were apart were complete hell for me and I had numerous anxiety attacks. My mom threatened to take me back to my therapy sessions but I told her I was fine.

"They'll all love you." He said softly as he opened the door, I smiled softly at his comforting words before stepping inside with him.

Their pack house was huge compared to my old one, heck it was ginormous. I saw tons of pictures of the pack hung on the wall as they all smiled brightly and cheerfully in the pictures. There were families smiling brightly in the pictures and then as you walked down the hallway there were also people standing alone smiling at the camera.

As we walked further my eyes zeroed in on a little boy that was standing in a awkward position as he gave a small smile to the camera. But the main thing I noticed were his eyes. He had a grayish blue eye and a dark green eye and his platinum blonde hair made them even more striking.

  This couldn't be.

"That's Lance." Jerome said as he now stared at the picture with a small smile.

"Is he here too?" I asked softly, my eyes almost glazing over with tears at the fact that I wasn't the only one with this condition and that I wasn't alone.

Jerome nodded, "Yeah, but he doesn't talk. He's mute because ever since his," he paused for a moment with a deep frown, "parents died in a rogue attack he shut everyone out."

   I felt the tears stream down my face almost instantly once he finished not just because of the sad news but because I was a rogue too. If Jerome or anyone in his pack ever found out I'd certainly be in big trouble. It was only a matter of time until he found out though.

    Jerome looked over at me with a concerned look and immediately brought me close to him. I wiped my eyes harshly and cursed silently.

"Sorry." I apologized as I snuggled my head in his chest. He responded by kissing my cheek and rubbing my arms up and down in a comforting gesture.

"You don't have to apologize. I know exactly how you feel and it's okay." He said softly making a lump form in my throat. I shook it off and looked up at him with a smile before grabbing his hand in mine and running through the long hallway that led to the enormous living room.